PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

if the 6.5L has a #8 design flaw.... then why no recall?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by 3hummers
Most people deal with the issue by adjusting what they pay for a vehicle that doesn't have a documented swap. I had a Ford 7.3 Powerstroke that died at 129K. It was out of warranty. Ford didn't offer to participate in the replacement costs. In fact they wanted to charged me 12.5K for a reman. installed. The Powerstroke should last 300-400K miles. I know lots of people that have had their Powerstrokes blow up in the 150K mile range. All well maintained. $hit happens. The point is is a block that was made at the same time as one that failed but it hasn't failed in 100-150K miles defective? The warranty was for a specific set of miles/time. Their was no gauranty that they engine would last 50K, 75K, 150K miles. The guarantee was that it would last until the end of the warranty period.
Originally Posted by joenuzz
Jeez if you don't like the mechanical history of the vehicle, then don't buy it. I have owned mine since 2010. It was a 97.5 with 75k on the ticker. I knew that these trucks are labor intensive both from research and 12 years driving them in the army. Mine always has something broke or going to break on it. I enjoy working on it. It's part of the breed. Maybe you should look at a wrangler if you want a turn key, low maintenance vehicle. But in the end....Hummer, like nothing else. Lol

my point was based on that there was a KNOWN design flaw... not a random blown engine due to age, but a design flaw.. if engines fail, that is life.. but if a company sold a product with a known flaw.. they should correct said issue.. the same with any other company, not pointing the finger at AMG/GM...

most brands once they discover a design flaw, will rectify it.. but seems most people are are so bullheaded that they just will sit and wait and act as if they are better than that. i was simply trying to address the community and get the thoughts of the group on the issue....

i now see the thoughts of the forum... thank you.