PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

I Pulled the Trigger on an H-3

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 07:20 PM
Default I Pulled the Trigger on an H-3

I want to thank all the forum memebers here for their answers to my questions and all the information I have gathered here. I did a lot of looking and thinking of what my next vehicle was going to be, and some of the comments here really swayed my decission.

The H-3...it is a 2008, used with under 15K miles on it, a base model with chrome and sunroof.I bought it from a Hummer Dealership.
I will pick it up this coming Saturday.
Here is one of a few pictures I took tonight.

Old 12-29-2008, 07:41 PM
Default RE: I Pulled the Trigger on an H-3

Nice! How much? Looks like the price tag starts with a $20_____, if so then great price! When I was doing my H3 search I never even considered red, but it actually looks pretty nice in red!

Old 12-29-2008, 08:05 PM

The 20 that you see is part of the 2008 Decal.
I had use of a White H-3 for a few days and I really enjoyed it, and though I never thought I would like a White vehicle again, the H-3 looks great in White, and I considered that particular one. I did research the 2006 H-3s here and found that White one falls in the VIN number with head problems, so I walked.
It was time for me to have another Red vehicle, I had too many Black vehicles and I found a few H-3s in Black.This Red one was at the dealer and I talked about it for a couple of weeks. I walked in today, near the end of the month, and the end of the year, gave them another offering and they said yes, so I said yes.
The dealer has a beautiful 2006 Yellow Lux pack that is going for $23K and has 11K miles on it.
I got mine for low 20's.

Old 12-29-2008, 10:06 PM

If it wasn't already with that low mileage... you might want to consider paying the $1500 or whatever extra to get it certified. If you're picking it up Saturday, its probably not too late to add. That's what I did on mine. The best part is that it extends the factory warranty to 6 years / 100k miles.. and from what I understand not just powertrain... the full bumper to bumper. An extended warranty would be thousands more than the certified cost. You also get the road-side assist and 3 months of Onstar and XM.

.. I got one of those Yeller Lux's

Old 12-29-2008, 10:55 PM

I like the Yeller one, I like it a lot and almost bought it. The 08 offered the warranty.
I got the warranty and the onstar for three months.

I presently have a Yellow truck, so I was drawn to that Yellow H-3, and I thought that I would get it. I like the idea of the leather and all the extras this particular Yellow H-3 has, chrome wheels,sunroof, hard spare tire cover, and other little extras.Then when I looked at the 2008 with cloth and sunroof and that extended warranty, I bought it.

Old 12-29-2008, 11:06 PM

I think yellow looks best on the H2, but it looks good on the H3 too. I heard though that they've discontinued the yellow H3? My H3 is white and it looks really nice in it! It even looks pretty good when it's dirty, because the dirt dries to a sort of beige colour that you can't really see, from far at least, on the white.Mine is an 06, and it was in the low 20's, with 39000 KMs (Canada sucks... American prices are way better!) But I love my Hummer!

Yep, it looks great in red.... you don't see too many red SUV's out there, I guess because red doesn't look good on anything but a Porsche and a Hummer!

PS, everyone can get OnStar for 3 months free, just give them your CC#! I have the trial and it actually came with 30 free wireless minutes (and a phone number). They took a while to activate the phone number so I called OnStar to ask about it - they gave me an additional 30 minutes and extended the minutes to "good for one year" and gave me one free use of OnStar driving directions! I wasn't even complaining, they just gave me it, which was cool!