PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

I must say..I'm proud

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 12:18 AM
Default RE: I must say..I'm proud

ORIGINAL: H24fun

I'm petrified of ice...my daughter just totalled her car a few weeks ago after hitting a huge patch of ice
Yikes!! I hope she is alright! I know first hand how scary the ice can be!!

Old 02-04-2007, 12:28 AM

Yeah...she's fine..was just shook up and banged up. She spun around and slammed backwards into a tree. Her face bounced off the steering wheel, so she had a swollen nose and 2 black eyes for a few days, but no broken bones. It happened a couple weeks ago and would you believe she got a speeding ticket in the mail yesterday? The accident happened at 6 am on her way to work. The cop was real *****....asked her if she was talking on the cell phone...didn't, however ask her if she was ok..I guess he didn't see the whole side of the road was a sheet of ice...and how the hell if they weren't there could they know if she was speeding or not? We're fighting the ticket.

Kind of went off on a rant on that one....sorry...[sm=icon_blah.gif][sm=rant.gif]

Old 02-04-2007, 12:33 AM

She was very fortunate to not have been seriously hurt! I'm sure it scared her half to death!! It is so scary to have no control whatsoever when your car is moving!!! [&:]

I can't believe the a$$hole cop - unbelievable!! [:@] I don't blame you, I would fit that one too! Good luck and let us know how that one turns out!

Old 02-04-2007, 12:36 AM

Will do...thanks, Paige

Old 02-04-2007, 01:30 PM

good job, Tina...Does this mean you're not afraid of GS road anymore?
I still will stay off of GS..when snow or ice is around..noing what happened to your daughter.. at least when playing on state game land roads..at least theres no other cars around.

Old 02-04-2007, 06:08 PM

Old 02-04-2007, 11:42 PM

Yeah...she's fine..was just shook up and banged up. She spun around and slammed backwards into a tree. Her face bounced off the steering wheel, so she had a swollen nose and 2 black eyes for a few days, but no broken bones. It happened a couple weeks ago and would you believe she got a speeding ticket in the mail yesterday? The accident happened at 6 am on her way to work. The cop was real *****....asked her if she was talking on the cell phone...didn't, however ask her if she was ok..I guess he didn't see the whole side of the road was a sheet of ice...and how the hell if they weren't there could they know if she was speeding or not? We're fighting the ticket.

Kind of went off on a rant on that one....sorry...[sm=icon_blah.gif][sm=rant.gif]
I'm a cop and I'm amazed at how heartless some cops can be at times. I try not to write tickets to citizens at accidents unless one of the individuals involved was so negligent that as a result of their stupidity someone was hurt. I always take into consideration road conditions (such as ice or snow). The way I see it accidents are just that and there's no reason to compound a citizen's problems by writing them tickets on top of what they are already going through. I just feel like thereare real bad guys out there that can really use my attention if you know what I mean! [>:]

Old 02-04-2007, 11:50 PM

ORIGINAL: RutDogg

I'm a cop and I'm amazed at how heartless some cops can be at times. I try not to write tickets to citizens at accidents unless one of the individuals involved was so negligent that as a result of their stupidity someone was hurt. I always take into consideration road conditions (such as ice or snow). The way I see it accidents are just that and there's no reason to compound a citizen's problems by writing them tickets on top of what they are already going through. I just feel like thereare real bad guys out there that can really use my attention if you know what I mean! [>:]
Thanks, Rutdogg...he WAS heartless....the kid has been driving for 5 yrs and has never had a ticket or even a fender bender. She's not careless and has a good head on her shoulders. My husband and I got to the accident before the troopers. She was respectful and answered all their questions. I was annoyed that he showed no concern for how she was. I know he doesn't represent the majority of the men and women who do this job...just our luck, I guess. While we're on the subject, let me say..I appreciate the job you do and the risks you take to make the world a safer place. I truly mean that.

Old 02-04-2007, 11:55 PM

Thanks Mary Ellen.