PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

I was in a major fatal accident last night

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 04:04 PM
Default I was in a major fatal accident last night

This isn't directly related to Hummers, but I couldn't help but think how my H3 would perform in this situation.

Last night while travelling westbound in our Escalade, an Acura travelling eastbound crossed into the westbound lanes and clipped the van infront of us (which was pushed into us) and then proceeded to hit us head on at about 80 KM/H. The van spun out of control and hit a motorcyclist, who was killed. The 3 females in the vehicle that hit us head on were all airlifted by helicopter to the hospital with serious injuries (presumably after having hit our Escalade head on). It all happened really fast, and for us it was sort of a "wrong place at the wrong time" type situation. We were really lucky, despite how mangled the Escalade was, our vehicle was the least damaged and we were the only ones who were not airlifted.

I just thought I'd post this to say how impressed I am with GM vehicles in a highspeed crash situation. In December, a Honda CRV cut me off and changed lanes into me while driving my Hummer (on the same road as this accident last night if you can believe it) and caused a lot of damage to the CRV. The damage to the Hummer was expensive (about 16,000$) but visibly, it was pretty impressive how much the Hummer took.

Be safe out there!

Here's the Escalade:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Here's the Acura:

Here's the van:

Last edited by iPhone; 06-13-2011 at 04:18 PM.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:03 PM

Wow that's scary! Glad you are ok...

Old 06-13-2011, 11:42 PM
Super Moderator

Glad you and yours are ok.

Old 06-14-2011, 11:36 AM

What Caraddict & 3hummers said!!! Glad you weren't injured.

BTW, not to be flip but have you considered an alternate to that road?

Old 06-14-2011, 03:21 PM

holy crap, I bet the H2 would withstand some of the damages and drive away, but I think the H3 might not, glad to hear you were hurt

Old 06-16-2011, 11:27 AM

Glad you are okay..I always feel safe when driving my family in my H2.

Old 06-18-2011, 01:43 PM

Wow...somebody was watching over you!! Glad your ok.

Old 06-29-2011, 05:15 PM

Glad to hear you're ok!
Here's an H3 that was struck from behind by a cement truck, then crushed underneath a semi truck. Amazingly, the vehicle's driver and sole occupant only suffered a broken leg along with some scrapes and bruises.
Story on Hummerguy.net
HUMMER H3 crushed, driver suffers only minor injuries. | Hummer Guy

Old 06-29-2011, 05:38 PM

I hate stories like these. There is usually an innocent motorcyclist involved and usually ends up dead. All because either someone was drunk, on the phone/ texting or just plain stupid and not paying attention. I'm glad there was a positive to this which is you and your passengers were alright. I would also say, find another route. "Third times a charm" is a true saying with me. It has happened too many times but fortunately with nothing major.

Any updates on the situation?

Old 07-14-2011, 03:42 PM

Dang. Is that green plastic under the front of the van what's left of the motorcycle?

Quick Reply: I was in a major fatal accident last night