PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

I have a lots of questions.

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 05:27 AM
Default I have a lots of questions.

Hello, since i am from Massachusetts i was wondering could someone help me with some of my fears. I am currently on the market to buy a ex millitary Humvee.I would like to know would i have to many problems registering the vehicle?Can you drive it with out doors or roof since it would be driven mainly during the non winter months.I have been told that if driven in the winter time a ex illitary humvee would rust very badly? is that true?. What is the reliability of the engine (i have been told many different stories), What can i expect to getfor the milege ( i drive f 350 right now and i get about 13 in town).Any informations about where and how to abtain a ex millitary humvee would be helpfull. my current budget is in mid 20/s. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Ognjen

Old 02-09-2007, 04:05 AM
Default RE: I have a lots of questions.

driving it without doors and roof is fine I believe unless your area has a silly bylaw after all i drive mine without a roof all the time also jeeps can become doorless and topless. as for rusting badly I dont see how it would be any different then a H1 Hummer besides maybe the fact it was used by the navy and entered some salt water... I have no experience with the engine i am guessing you will be getting one with a 6.2L N/A so cant really help you there same with gas milage never really calculated mine and mine is a 6.5L TD... but I heard storys of 8-13mpg. a great place to start looking is ebay also I believe mannie at serious4x4 has a nice ex mil for under 20k... Also another feature you might want to look at with ex mils is see if they have been converted to 12v... its all your opinion though if you want to get easy parts etc 12v is best but if you plan to wheel and stuff stick with the 24v because most if not all of it is sealed from water... also ex mil humvees dont come with locking doors or ignitions so might want to look into that as well...