PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

I FINALLY GOT MY H3 BACK! WOOHOO!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 10:30 PM
Default RE: I've had it with this damn car!

Damn Mike, If you didn't have BAD LUCK, you'd have NO LUCK AT ALL!!![:@]

All the best!!!

Old 01-31-2007, 10:41 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: HummBob

Damn Mike, If you didn't have BAD LUCK, you'd have NO LUCK AT ALL!!![:@]

All the best!!!
Yeah, tell me about it Master

Old 01-31-2007, 11:01 PM

screw you and your little this is why people buy import comment first of all
Amazingly all import car brand have sevice centers that are as busy as any gm service center....so .

As far as your problems, the problems you are having are caused more by a chitty dealer than they are by a chitty product. The belt squeek is a biatch, I have been in that techs shoes many times and it sucks trying to duplicate a noise that the customer complains about. If I were him I would have replaced the belt so that it at least looked like I did something for you, then if it still made noise the next step would be checking for bad idlers.

The breaking in clutch causing the front end to lunge is something new to me, never heard that one before. Is the clutch just grabbing higher than it used too? So that you get on the gas same as before but the clutch is grabbing a few inches higher so you kinda rev the motor more than you used to before the clutch grabs? Then once the clutch does grab, the truck kinda lurches? Could that be what you are feeling, if so then it may be time for a new clutch.

Brakes, did they check the power assist system? Could be the assist system is failing and you still have brakes but manual? Air just doesn't enter the brake system, a brake failure due to air in the lines would happen rather quickly after taking it off the lot. I would have tehm check the power assist system and concentrate on that rather than air in the lines.

just my .02

Old 01-31-2007, 11:12 PM
Super Moderator

I was just joking about the Import joke

The clutch issue isn't really a clutch issue, it's when you let up off the gas or give it gas while it's already engaged. The pressing of the clutch isn't what causes it, its when you are in stop and go traffic. It usted ot be almost as smooth at an automatic when you let up on the gas, now it just kinda jerks back and forth a couple of times, almost like a newbie learning stick.

The belt thing I know is a pain in the a$$ to troubleshoot. It can be caused by many different things, but you are right, they should have at least spent the 10 bux to replace the belt. Turns out it was that tensioner.

He said they checked the entire brake system and ran a computer diagnostics on it. So that was ok. They checked for leaks also in all the brake lines and calipers and nothing. I never lost any fluid anyway, other then what was lost from the pads wearing out.

I appreciate the feedback. That's why i post on here (damn imports)

Old 01-31-2007, 11:32 PM

so the lurching thing is when you are in stop ang go traffic when you let up on the clutch and it acts as if your a beginning driver.....could it be that your idle is just set too damn low with your pcm tune? What you are describing seems to me like it's turning enough r's for the gear it's in when you are off the gas. Just a suggestion.

Old 01-31-2007, 11:37 PM
Super Moderator

Nope, not exactly

The clutch is already engaged, I'm driving down the street doing oh say, 40 or so, I let up on the gas, and it jerks a little, press the gas again, and it jersk again, but not like a normal stick. This is pretty noticable, and you can hear the gears a little in the differential going ZZ ZZ ZZ everytime it jerks. I never even touch the clutch. The PCM thing did come to mind, that maybe because the engine is idling down so fast now compared to what it was before, that process is causing it to totally stop the gas injection therefore using the engine as a brake. BUT, it was fine even after the tune, but started acting up when I took a turn into a parkin ggarage with 4x4 locked, and tried to disengage it wihile turning after i had stopped. A wierd smell was coming out of it then

Old 01-31-2007, 11:54 PM

ahhhh gotcha!! Hard to diagnose a feeling over the internet

BTW...if stop and go traffic to you is 40 mph...never come to NJ

Old 02-01-2007, 12:08 AM
Super Moderator

lol no way, stop and go traffic around her is 0, 10, 0, 10, 50, 0, 10, all within 5 seconds. I was just using the 40 thing as an example.

Old 02-01-2007, 01:33 AM
Default RE: The Verdict is in! NOTHING IS WRONG?!?!?!

Better research the Lemon Law Mikey...I believe it is 3 times for the SAME repair and REPLACEMENT of SAME part(s)

Old 02-01-2007, 11:19 AM
Default RE: The Verdict is in! NOTHING IS WRONG?!?!?!

My '07 5-speed only has 2800 miles, but I will see if I can get it to do anything like you are saying with the jerking while slowing and starting. That sounds to me like worn u-joints or something in the driveshafts. I don't know what transfer case the H3's use, maybe his talk of wear in the case gears will turn into a recall? Then you will have another trip to the dealer to look forward to! Good luck with all of this!

Quick Reply: I FINALLY GOT MY H3 BACK! WOOHOO!