PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

I FINALLY GOT MY H3 BACK! WOOHOO!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 05:54 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: The Verdict is in! NOTHING IS WRONG?!?!?!

ORIGINAL: HummerMike

1) B.S.

2) & 3) If they actually did what they told you then there really isn't anything you can do about them but keep and eye and ear out incase it get's worse. Keep all of the documentation they give you on this stuff. I only say that for when it comes out of warranty and you have these issues again you can whip out the paperwork and give GM a call.
What is the lemon law again? 3 times and your out? This is number 2 already

Old 01-31-2007, 05:55 PM
Default RE: I've had it with this damn car!

Actually, you NEED to call BS on the brake thing! I just re-read what you posted. There should be NO SPACE AT ALL in the brake lines! It should be solid fluid throughout the entire system or you could have serious brake failure! Just like when you get air in the lines after doing a brake job.

Mike, call them back and ask them to explain why they wouldn't take corrective action on this!!!

Old 01-31-2007, 06:00 PM

Ok, I'm back again. My H3 has been sitting in my driveway COLD since yesterday. Fired it up and the brakes are fine. No spongy at all and we live under 50 miles from each other so both of our trucks experience the same conditions. I would think the very least they could do is flush your brake lines with fresh fluid and see if that eliminates the problem. If not, you need a master cylinder.

Old 01-31-2007, 06:03 PM

I think it's bullsh!t Mike!

If that was the case with the brakes, every vehicle up north in the winter would have this problem! That is one of the worst excuses I've heard from the dealer.

They should have put a new belt on. Even if that's not the problem, they should show you that they are trying to fix it.

You bought a new vehicle with a warranty that should keep it running as new. The dealer telling you that you have to deal with it is crap! Didn't do it when you got it - should not do it now!!

Damn, now you got me pissed off[:@][:@][:@]

Old 01-31-2007, 06:06 PM

Yeah....not to add fuel to the fire, but the brake thing definately sounds like total BULLCHIT!

Old 01-31-2007, 06:06 PM
Super Moderator

Well, here's what I'm going to do:

I'm going to drain the brake fluid myself (at least what's in the fluid compartment) and fill it with synthetic DOT 3/4. We'll see what happens.

I should correct myself, they didn't say SPACE in the brake lines, but that's basically what they were trying to say I think. They said the fluid was probably contracting causing less tensions in the lines and making the first press of the brake pedal soft.

If you are saying yours doesn't do that (and ours are pretty much identical) then if it keeps happening after I change the fluid (which I doubt will do anything) I'll bring it back to your guys.

Just remember, Schepel couldn't find anything wrong with the drivetrain either. I guess with the wearing in of the parts, combined with the fact that the PCM now idles down the engine 50% faster then it used to, that combination could cause what I feel. It's definitely not in my head though, since other people comment on it. Maybe I just unlocked a monster with that PCM tune I wonder what would happen if I put the exhaust system on there lol. I'd probably drop the differential on the ground!

Old 01-31-2007, 06:21 PM

Hi there,

I had a similar problem with the pedal going to the floor. The dealer said it was air in the system and they had to back-bleed and pressurize the system to remove the air. I actually reported this to Transport Canada up here and they ended-up calling the dealership as they didn't buy the story and I've been asked to report another occuranceto them ifit happens to my vehicle again. I've noticed that there seems to be a few threads on here about this.

As to the sqeaking belt, my dealer had to replace the serpentine belt in order to get rid of the squeek. They were aware of a problem on that one. Seems you and I share some of the same problems. I have an auto. I've actually been waiting 12 days for parts for my transfer case as they seem to not be available so the truck is at the dealer waiting for whenever.

Old 01-31-2007, 06:27 PM
Super Moderator

So your H3 has been at the dealer for 12 days now and they haven't even received the differential parts yet? Now I don't feel so bad (actually I do for you). Well, I'll deal with it one step at a time. The dealer that sponsors are Hummer Club will take it back if I take it in. You just get sick of all this, over and over and over again. Then people wonder why everybody buys Imports! THIS IS WHY!

BUT, I will still stand by my baby, because like a beautiful women, no matter how much they treat you like crap, it still feels really good everytimeyou get inside (Dennis and SugarDaddy have taught me well)

Stang: I'm getting really tired of this. I loose alot of time and money having to leave work early, drive, come back, it's driving me nuts monitarily and physically. The only dealer that has Saturday service is the only o ne I'm going back to from now on, and that's our club dealer. I'm tired of this already.

Old 01-31-2007, 06:39 PM

First out .. oh brudder .. I could've done without that last comment LOL!!!

Second out I'm gunna add fuel to the fire .. brake issue .. BULLSH!T!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The other issues .. if that is supposedly a "normal" thing as a result of wearing in .. why don't we have 123897469123 other members on here having the same problem!? I realize not all cars will act the same way 30K down the road but certainly out of ALL our H3 owners on here, there has to be SOMEONE who would experience this supposedly not so out of the norm issue ...

I'd go to their showrun and start screaming infront of potential customers .. I bet things will start moving real quick after that ... or you get yourself arrested ... LOL!

Old 01-31-2007, 10:25 PM
Super Moderator

So, they pull my H3 up for me to take it, and guess what? SQUEEK SQUEEK SQUEEK SQUEEK SQUEEK!

YUP! The belt was squeeking lol. I told the guy "Hey, you hear that, THAT is what I was talking about"

they guy says "I'll be damned, you know how hard we tried to get it to make that noise?"

So, it turns out it IS the tensioner pully. The other service girl said they just replaced one yesterday, same problem. She says, oh yeah thats the tensioner.

So, ONE problem solved. It won't be here til at least Friday, so I may have the Impala til next week lol.

Anyway, about the brakes, he said this new brake system, power-assisted hydrolic brakes, has tendancy to react that way. I told him how nobody else has the problem, but he said he has actually had a few people in because of it, mostly higher miles like mine. He also said he's talked to the GM engineers about it in the past and they even told him it's kinda a small bug which always goes away after the first press, and usually when it's below 25 degrees or so. That's why most people don't see it because there aren't alot of H3's out there where the pads are worn down. He said he's only seen a few with my miles on it. NOW, I do'nt know if he's right, but he honestly seems like a really straight guy. I was talkin to him about everything and you know how you can just read people and tell if they are BS'ing, he wasn't.

So, he said he's almost positive I won't have any brake problems after the weather warms up. It did start happening when the temps dropped so maybe he's right. I never heard of power-assisted hydrolic breaks or whatever. I thought ALL brakes were power-assisted hydrolic brakes lol. AM I WRONG HERE? I forgot what he said, eithe rthat or Semi-Hydrolic something or other.

Anyway, at least 1 of the 3 thigns will be taken care of. The brakes seemed ALOT stiffer when I picked it up, but too bad I didnt get to take it home lol. Maybe whatever they did fixed it.

they guy said he ran the entire service department for almost 3 years on his own, and it's a pretty big size dealership. Anyway, the reaction he got when he heard that noise told me he definitely was working on that thing today.

So anyway, we shall see what happens. ALWAYS ME lol

Quick Reply: I FINALLY GOT MY H3 BACK! WOOHOO!