PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

I FINALLY GOT MY H3 BACK! WOOHOO!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 04:25 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: I've had it with this damn car!

The manual transmission doesn't have Stabilitrak, only the automatics do. They don't even offer it in a stick. That's a good idea though!

Old 01-31-2007, 04:32 PM

ORIGINAL: HummerGuy

The manual transmission doesn't have Stabilitrak, only the automatics do. They don't even offer it in a stick. That's a good idea though!
That's what I initially thought from something I read before. But I noticed that the H3 web site states that StabiliTrak is standard on all H3s. Is this not the case?

Old 01-31-2007, 04:35 PM
Super Moderator

Wow. They told me it's only offered on the Automatic's. Maybe it's standard on all '07 models now, OR, maybe I do have it and the salesguy didn't know what he was talking about. He told me Manual's don't have it. That would explain why I'm having the braking problem as well. This is interesting. I'm going to look into this.

Old 01-31-2007, 04:37 PM

I believe in 07 stabilitrac is standard an both auto's and manuals. In 06 it was only available on autos.

Old 01-31-2007, 04:44 PM
Super Moderator

Here is what the specs for the '06 says:

Drivetrain
Transmission: 4-speed automatic with Stabilitrak stability control standard. Manual available.
4-wheel drive: full-time two speed with manual locking center differential, electronic fully locking rear differential; brake-assisted traction control; with optional Adventure Package, crawl ratio is 69:1 with transfer case’s 4.03:1 low range gear reduction and lower 4.56:1 final drive axle ratio.

I can't find anything that officially says it does not come with it. The dealer told me Stabilitrak is not offered on Manual transmissions because it doesn't need it since it has a clutch.

Old 01-31-2007, 04:47 PM
Super Moderator

I think so too IK. Here's another quote from TopSpeed.com:

The system is augmented with features such as traction control, underbody shielding, an optional rear locking differential and StabiliTrak stability control with the automatic transmission.

Old 01-31-2007, 05:46 PM

My '07 5-speed has stabili-trac (or however it's spelled). I know because I had a message that it had failed a few days after getting it. I just un-plugged the battery for a minute and it has never come back on. When I turn off the traction control (to play in the snow) it scroles "stability system disabled" across the info screen until I turn the car off or turn the system back on.
If you still have problems and keep your Hummer, maybe you'll get lucky and they will loan you the next generation Impala... they (the SS) are going to be on a Holden platform and have huge flared fenders and an LS-2 motor. There is a pre-production one at American Axle right now and it looks pretty sweet!

Old 01-31-2007, 05:46 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: The Verdict is in! NOTHING IS WRONG?!?!?!

OK Guys. I try very hard not to be a cynic, so I want your honest opinions. Here is the verdict:

1) The reason why the brakes are so soft in the morning is because the cold weather is making the fuild contract which is leaving some space in the brake lines causing the pedal to go down far the first time you press them. They checked the entire system for leaks, including the Master Cylinder seal/ring (whatever they called it) and said everything is fine. They said the brake pads are barely half worn so they are ok.

2)They could not get the surpentine belt to squeek at all, but checked the power steering motor, belt tensioner and Alternator for loose bolts and/or misalignment. They said everything is fine, but to keep an eye on it.

- side note: He said there is a known issue with the Power Steering pully being mis-aligned on the H3's causing the belt to squeek, but it was OK in mine.

3) The reason why the car is jerking or bouncing back and forth while laying off the gas is because as the car gets worn in (I have 30,000 miles on mine), the gears in the manual transmission and differential wears a little, causing more slack or space with the gearing. They said they checked both differentials, the transmission, cv joints, drive shafts, everything for loose bolts and leaky gaskets, and couldn't find anything. He said they tightened up everything but for the most part everything was in great shape. He also said they know what I'm talking about and feel it but it's just a part of the H3 that changes over time and it shouldn't get any worse then what it is now, and it's within the specifications of what it's supposed to do. That makes sense.

I told him all of my issues were newer issues and I wanted to make sure nothing was broken or going to break. He said everything is in perfect shape and I have nothing to worry about.

SO, the end of the story, or just the beginning....................

They did a VERY thorough job though, so I'll probably be taking it to them again, but most likely my buddies at the Indiana dealer (which isn't that far from me).

What do you guys think?

Old 01-31-2007, 05:52 PM
Default RE: The Verdict is in! NOTHING IS WRONG?!?!?!

1) B.S.

2) & 3) If they actually did what they told you then there really isn't anything you can do about them but keep and eye and ear out incase it get's worse. Keep all of the documentation they give you on this stuff. I only say that for when it comes out of warranty and you have these issues again you can whip out the paperwork and give GM a call.

Old 01-31-2007, 05:52 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Scottrod

My '07 5-speed has stabili-trac (or however it's spelled). I know because I had a message that it had failed a few days after getting it. I just un-plugged the battery for a minute and it has never come back on. When I turn off the traction control (to play in the snow) it scroles "stability system disabled" across the info screen until I turn the car off or turn the system back on.
If you still have problems and keep your Hummer, maybe you'll get lucky and they will loan you the next generation Impala... they (the SS) are going to be on a Holden platform and have huge flared fenders and an LS-2 motor. There is a pre-production one at American Axle right now and it looks pretty sweet!

Another fellow Manual Transmission owner. WELCOME TO MY THREAD

The V6 LS I have is already too fast. That thing's tires slip easily. I can only imagine how fast the LS2 version is. That's sweet!

Quick Reply: I FINALLY GOT MY H3 BACK! WOOHOO!