PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

I FINALLY GOT MY H3 BACK! WOOHOO!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 09:21 PM
Default RE: I've had it with this damn car!

Trade yours in for an auto. Driving a stick shift H3 just doesn't sound like fun to me. Of course your also talking to a guy who owns a Hummer and doesn't take it off road....blasphemous!

Old 01-30-2007, 09:57 PM

ORIGINAL: HummerGuy

3.The infmaous problem with the car bouncing back and forth when taking my foot off the accelerator has gotten worse.
What do you mean by bouncing back and fourth? I drive a 5-speed but I don't think I have that problem. I can hear a squeek though when shifting from 1st to 2nd gear.

Old 01-30-2007, 10:50 PM

HummieGuy ... That doesn't sound good!! Sorry you're having such troubles!!! [&:] Go ahead trade in for a bigger model!! [8D]

Old 01-30-2007, 10:54 PM
Super Moderator

Exactly! You don't have th eproblem because you aren't supposed to have it lol. It happened because twice I forgot to take it out of Locked mode and was driving/turning on pavement which fried something in the differential. It was wet but apparently the tires on a H3 just don't slip in the rain when making turns It's the second time I've had to get this fixed, and the second time dumb me did it.

And I knowand learned my lesson from everybody here, do NOT lock the wheels unless A) you are off-roading or B) you are on snow and ice. Hopefully it will be fixed.

I can't ever bring myself to trade this baby in. Too much invested into it.

Old 01-30-2007, 11:24 PM

Could the jerking be a clutch adjustment? I'm just trying to think of every possible scenario for you. I wonder if you refused to pick the truck up until they confirm the problem? I mean, they told you that they feel what it is doing but can't verify if it is normal, etc. So tell them until they can positively tell you there is nothign wring you are keeping the Whimpala.

This is frustrating. I wish they would just bust open the diff and trans for you and inspect them real close rather than just checking the fluid.

Old 01-31-2007, 10:28 AM
Super Moderator

Tell me about it dude. I might just take it back to your friends at Schepel. TODAY they are going to take the ONE manual transmission H3 out that they MIGHT have on the lot out and drive it, then get in mine and drive it, so they can feel the difference. I mean I know the differential isn't the easist thing to take out, but it's better then putzing around trying to figure it out. They said they are friends with all the service guys at the dealer I bought it from, so I told them just have them fax you the repair order from when it happened the first time.

And RutDog, it's actually fun driving the stick. I had my PCM tuned with PCMforLess and that sucker hauls, faster then the 3.7 '07 H3 that they gave me as a loaner last time. I love the stick and can't really picture myself having the Auto. It's just not me.

Oh, and I doubt it's the clutch since it's hydrolic, but anything is possible. The reason why I don't think so is when you LOCK the 4x4, it doesnt do it, so I'm 99% sure it's the front differential

Old 01-31-2007, 11:02 AM

I had my PCM tuned with PCMforLess
Just a thought... Is there a chance there's something worng with the tune..?? Something that make the engine respond with a jerk on deaccel.??

Old 01-31-2007, 03:38 PM

I usually try to put a sarcastic twist on my posts. I guess that's the inner Azzhole in me, but I just can't do it here. I feel bad for ya man. Are there other dealer's in the area that you could take it to?

Old 01-31-2007, 03:58 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Crash

I had my PCM tuned with PCMforLess
Just a thought... Is there a chance there's something worng with the tune..?? Something that make the engine respond with a jerk on deaccel.??
I thought about that, but you can hear a sort-of chatter noise coming from the differential when you let up on the gas, and this was doing this way before the PCM was reprogrammed. I just never had time to bring it in.

SG:The dealers are great in working with me, but since they haven't really seen it, it's something they really have to play around with since they haven't had much experience with the Manual trannys, but I hear Dennis and Dilo have PLENTY of experience with Trannies......

Old 01-31-2007, 04:23 PM

3.The infmaous problem with the car bouncing back and forth when taking my foot off the accelerator has gotten worse.
For your item #3 above:

I would have them check the brake system. If I understand things correctly,the StabiliTrak/ Dynamic Rear Proportioning functionality of the brake system is supposed to keep the thing from doing the bouncing you are describing. If may have failed.

Quick Reply: I FINALLY GOT MY H3 BACK! WOOHOO!