PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

I FINALLY GOT MY H3 BACK! WOOHOO!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 06:21 PM
Super Moderator
Default I FINALLY GOT MY H3 BACK! WOOHOO!

I took my H3 to the dealer today, AGAIN, for maybe the 5th time in the 16 months I have had it.

1. The alternator/tensioner pully squeeks every morning, sometimes never stopping until I shut the car off.

2. The brake pedal goes to the floor every morning now the first time I use it.

3.The infmaous problem with the car bouncing back and forth when taking my foot off the accelerator has gotten worse.

Now, they said they can't find any problems with the belt, the alternator seems fine, and the mechanic checked the tension and all of that, he said its ok. FINE. I understand it's not making the noise right now so you can diagnose it. They are going to have it sit overnight in the 0 degree weather so it will make noise tomorrow morning.

They said they can't find anything wrong with the brakes because they couldnt reproduce the problem after letting it sit. Since it only happens first thing in the morning, they will also check this tomorrow morning. That's understandable also.

NOW, I get the same thing as before about the differential problem "well, we kinda know what you mean with the jerkiness and bouncing but it's kinda hard to compare it since nobody has driven the manual H3" This is the second time I got this answer. He said he would see if they have a 5-speed the mechanic can drive around, then tomorrow morning drive mine and feel the differences. I told him look, I know I have a rare transmission apparently, but I can tell you it's not supposed to bounce around 2 or 3 times every time i let up on the accelerator pedal. Everybody that rides in my car comments about it, and it was fine before it broke.IF they STILL can't find after driving a manual H3 that htere is a problem, I have to go to the dealer tomorrow afternoon and take both of them for a ride to show them what is going on.

I mean, it's a freakin' Hummer, you THINK there would be more people with Manual tranny's out there. I'm not upset with the service guys cuz obviously they are trying, and they said they are friends with the dealer I bought my H3 from so if they need to they can get some help, but still, I'm getting so frustrated that every time I want this thing fixed I hear about how nobody knows anything about the manual transmission H3's. I don't blame anybody because people are trying to resolve the problems, but I'm tired of all the time it's taking me, all the running around. etc. If I didn't love this truck so much I would have already got rid of it. I love my H3, but this is getting old really fast.

Old 01-30-2007, 06:25 PM
Default RE: I've had it with this damn car!

Sorry to hear about your troubles, but manual transmissionsaround here are not uncommon. Doesnt make any sense.

Old 01-30-2007, 06:29 PM
Super Moderator

Well, the only dealer that has really dealt with them from a repair perspective is the dealer I bought it from, but they are now 50 miles away since I moved and it's such a pain to get there. This is the closest dealer to my new home, and the second I have tried other then going back to my original which I may have to do. Obviously as I said, it's not really their faults that nobody has any experience with them, but still frustrating. I'll never get rid of this truck but I will definitely purchase whatever extended warranty GM offers me after I buy out the lease. I just put too much time and sweat into this car to get rid of it. Honestly, I'd go and trade it in for a H2 if I had the chance, but then I couldn't get it in my parking garage at work

Oh well. We'll just have to see what happens I guess. I still love the truck though. It's hard not to!

Old 01-30-2007, 06:51 PM

I like your thought process here Mike .. just go trade in the 3 for adeuce and you're set :-)
In all seriousness, it sucks to hear about the never ending problems .. hopefully they can figure out wtf is going on and get you repaired and back on the road .. did they at least do you good on a loaner while it's in the shop!?!?

Old 01-30-2007, 06:56 PM

call gm direct and have them send out a regional mechanic to look at your truck....thats the best you can do if the dealer can't help you. Thats why GM employs these guys...they are the experts.

Old 01-30-2007, 07:04 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: importkiller

call gm direct and have them send out a regional mechanic to look at your truck....thats the best you can do if the dealer can't help you. Thats why GM employs these guys...they are the experts.
Mike, that's exactly what they did the last time this happened, at the dealer I bought it from. They had it for 3 days and finally had someone come out. It took him all of 10 minutes to figure it out. I just hope this is the last time.

Nick: They gave me a BRAND SPANKIN' NEW '07 Chevy Impala, and I must say, I love this car. It's comfy, fast, QUIET as a mouse, and the dash is nice and simple, with a very functional and practical information center display. It has excellent visibility also. With all the GM loaners I have had in the last year, I'm really starting to become a fan of Chevy. I may actually look into getting one of these as my second car. I like it that much.

Old 01-30-2007, 07:07 PM

Sorry to hear that Mike
But you know you love that truck stick to your guns and let them fix it.
Did all of this happen when you installed the kitt lights maybe the truck is taking over

Old 01-30-2007, 07:15 PM
Super Moderator

LOL no actually it happened before that, but I'm sure they found them already and are thinking WTF are those things?

I wouldn't get rid of it. I put way too much time, thought and effort into getting it exactly the way I want it, and now after putting the KITT lights on? Forget about it, that baby is going to have a million miles on it before it retires.

I just have to have a dealer that actually opens on Saturdays that is close to me, which doesn't exist unfortunately. The only ONE of them is in Indiana, but luckily good people, as are most of the Hummer dealers.

Old 01-30-2007, 07:25 PM

go ahead and sell it and buy yourself a hybrid prius[sm=gears.gif]

http://priuschat.com/

Old 01-30-2007, 07:34 PM
Super Moderator

See, now THAT was a low blow.

Quick Reply: I FINALLY GOT MY H3 BACK! WOOHOO!