PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

I don't get it

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 10:44 PM
Default I don't get it

Ok, with all the talk of late about the cold air intakes, I tried one again.

I put one on a while back and decided it was too much noise. It was the metal one from K and N.

This time I put the plastic tube kit from K and N on to try it.

It had the same noise(which I'm ok with). But after driving it for a few days, it was slower.

It did not have as much power as with the stock intake. Had to use more gas going up hill and it felt like it lost power.

I put the stock intake back on and I had my normal power back.

I don't get it. Everyone here has nothing but good things to say about them (and I believe you). But, my rig must be backwards or something.Name:  sad.gif
Views: 112
Size:  4.2 KB

Old 11-08-2006, 01:15 AM
Default RE: I don't get it

Not doubting you a bit..

Maybe there is a flaw in the Nylon tube..I cleaned a bunch of plastic burrs from the molding cast from around my MAF port (inside) I wonder if that maybe a problem with yours or it simply ain't molded correctly and is flawed...But that is wierd.

Old 11-08-2006, 01:21 AM

K & N has a hoover factor of 11, and the scale only goes to 10. that's why you hear that SUCKING sound. they make a replacement filter for just about every other vehicle on the planet, but not the H2. they can kiss my alabaster-fish-belly-irish-guiness-gas-spewing-freckled-***, i'll never buy anything else from that company. i don't care how clean their crap makes Dennis's engine compartment look . . . .[sm=badbadbad.gif][sm=badbadbad.gif][sm=alcoholic.gif][sm=badbadbad.gif]

(edited because i forgot to add the smileys, and someone may think i'm actually speaking my mind)

Old 11-08-2006, 01:52 AM

ORIGINAL: shortbus
(edited because i forgot to add the smileys, and someone may think i'm actually speaking my mind)
Mind??? :P

Old 11-08-2006, 01:57 AM

what's left of it anyway. i'm working on acquiring a taste for scotch, but it's not going so well.

Old 11-08-2006, 02:00 AM

Try a 12 year old bottle of Bushmills instead, that other crap is for degreasing engines and killing brain cells ... err .. CELL!

Old 11-08-2006, 11:18 AM

Shorty get a bottle of Glen Fiditch. There are different years so get the 12 year. I think that it tastes the best. You can drink it over alittle ice. It's, in my opinion, probably one of the best single malt scotchs out there.

Old 11-08-2006, 12:31 PM

If not THE best single malt according to some of my friends .. but why ruin it with ice!?! And cut yourself a cuban to go with it :-) Man I miss those warm summer evenings on the porch now .... :/

Old 11-08-2006, 02:27 PM

Freckled?!?

Old 11-08-2006, 03:08 PM

they're everywhere. now, try to get that image out of your mind for the rest of the day . . . . [:-]

Quick Reply: I don't get it