PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

I do have one major complaint ...

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 05:30 PM
Default RE: I do have one major complaint ...

I had this Diamon-Fusion treatment when I bought the H3 which I thought was a scam the dealer threw on because I didn't notice the extra cost until I signed the papers but I'm actually really happy with it!!!
http://www.diamonfusion.com/en/produ...20results.html
I do a lot of winter driving and in Michigan that means giant chunks of salt and gravel thrown on the road and went through numerous windshields on my past trucks. But with this, its been almost 1.5 years and the windshield is like new! Plus its like a perma-RainX. I use the Diamon-Fusion restoring solution every few months and water beads right up to this day. I rarely ever use my windshield wipers. They claimed it reduced stone chips, bugs and other debris from building up. I didnt believe it at first but it might actually work. I have no clue how or where to get it applied though. Maybe ask your dealer?

Old 10-03-2007, 08:17 PM

I have 15+ k miles on mine on rocky rig roads, no chips yet. I stay way behind the wireline trucks I follow and any truck with an open bed, esp dump trucks.

Old 10-04-2007, 04:43 AM

7,000 miles on my '07 and no chips...but you should see my bug collection!!!

Old 10-04-2007, 06:23 AM

I'v seen that site but how much did it cost you from the dealer?[sm=insomnia.gif]
that product (windshield protector) cost 25$ only and they give you a several years warranty.
[sm=gears.gif]
it really works for the rain and the chips but not for the pitting[sm=shootshoot.gif] unfortunately.

Old 10-04-2007, 08:23 AM

I think it was in the neighborhood of a little under $200. It came with a bottle of the spray that should lastclose to 5years though.
I've got 24,000 miles and have had no chips, no cracks and hardly any pitting if any...none thats noticable from the inside anyway. Plus the rain still beads up and I haven't touched it with RainX.
It looks like that windsheild protector has a 4 year warranty but if I recall right, Diamon-Fusion (no "d'..i spelled it wrong) has extended its previous 4 year warranty to a lifetime warranty. Not a bad deal when you figure that my insurance company charges a deductable for windshield replacement.

Old 10-04-2007, 09:56 AM
Super Moderator

I have had my H3 for 2 years, it has almost 42k miles on it, and more nicks and spots on my windshield then all of my past cars put together. It's like driving a wall against wind and rock. Of course it's going to get nicked and scratched. There's no way around it. If you plan on keeping your car, you are either going to replace your windshield all the time, or just wait for it to crack. Personally, it's annoying as hell, but unfortunately there isn't much you can do to prevent it, so get used to it