PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

I do have one major complaint ...

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 03:25 PM
Default I do have one major complaint ...

are these windshields made out of candy-glass (like the whiskey bottles in an old-time western saloon fight)? I went through two on my '07 and got the first pock-mark the first day i had the Alpha and another this past week. All from the tiniest bits of gravel - OK I was doing ~ 70mph each time, but c'mon I haven't seen this happen on any other car or truckI have had.

Old 09-21-2007, 03:37 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: I do have one major complaint ...

Stop Tailgating Gravel Trains. It's the flat oriented windshield, it don't like rocks.[:@]

Old 09-21-2007, 03:43 PM

ORIGINAL: Doc Olds

Stop Tailgating Gravel Trains. It's the flat oriented windshield, it don't like rocks.[:@]
Whatever would I do without your incredible insight. Thank you, thank you, thank you [sm=groupwave.gif]

Old 09-21-2007, 04:18 PM

I drove my H2 for 5 years and never had to have the windshield replaced, though other Forum H2 drivers complained about having to do so. When I traded it in there were several chips but no propagating cracks. The H3 windshield looks almost as vertical as the H2. I haven't measured to see if there is a significant difference.

I would seriously doubt that the H3 glass is any different or less resistant to chipping than any other GM windshield. It's geometry and physics. I try not to linger behind trucks at any speed. Then again, some people are just snakebit.

Old 09-21-2007, 04:35 PM

My wife has got two rock chips inher front window to.One was following behind a pick up and the other was from behind a yukon.It dont take much to crack one.

Old 09-21-2007, 05:59 PM

I bought my H3 used. I thought the windshield was just dirty until i tried to clean it. Itis extremely pitted. My dad's 07 Suburban is pitted with wiper marks etched in for good measure.
Both are realy not a big problem, except they never look truly clean.It does make driving into the sun hard though.

Old 09-22-2007, 08:36 AM

I have an 07 H3, the windshield chipped about a month after bought it. I was driving along the highway in normal traffic and something hit it and now there is a chip the size of a small bug in it.

I could get it fixed for $60 or so or replaced for $100 if I file a claim with my insurance.

Old 09-22-2007, 10:13 AM

If my windshield gets so pitted or chipped that I replace it in a couple of years, I'll just chalk it up to the cost of driving a rig that I love -- and still be happy.
[sm=Awwww.gif]

Old 09-22-2007, 10:14 AM

Well mine is still good (yay)

CCMDoc, if it makes you feel any better, my brother got a golf ball right through his windshield the two days ago in his Brand New Silverado Z71 4x4 I must say, I have yet to see a golf ball make such a nice hit

Old 09-22-2007, 01:36 PM
Super Moderator

I think it has to do with the driver.... I've never cracked or chipped a windshield in 16 years of licensed driving..... now, granted I only drive 65,000-70,000 miles a year....

Quick Reply: I do have one major complaint ...