PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

I can't believe I'm saying this, but...........

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 03:12 PM
Super Moderator
Default I can't believe I'm saying this, but...........

I'm going back to school. I already have my associates degree in business management, but was at a stand-still aftergetting married as to whether I wanted to getmy bacholers and MBA or continue with I.T. stuff. I decided since the college in my new neighborhood is starting a new 1 year Cisco network engineer program, I'm going to go that route. I registered today and will start classes in the fall. Monday and Wednesday nights 3.5 hours a night until the Summer of '08. I have been with my lawfirm for almost 10 years now, and have seen the cut-throat world of business, and although not all business's are that way, I am not sure if it's the route I want to take. At least I know in my present position in the I.T. field I'm marketable and more of a necessity and asset out there in the working world then I would be with a business degree. So, starting in August, you guys will probably be seing alot less of me, but who knows. I promise not to fade away into oblivion like some people do, but this means this summer I'm going to want to get everything I want to do out of my system, because Cisco stuff isn't easy.

Old 04-11-2007, 03:21 PM
Default RE: I can't believe I'm saying this, but...........

Sounds like a plan my friend and good luck.

Old 04-11-2007, 03:28 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks. I don't know why I decided to post all of this, but since I post everything else on here I figured why not

Old 04-11-2007, 03:45 PM

Good luck.

From one IT guy to another, you MUST keep those skill sets up to date and go for the
one's that are geographically stable (immune to out-sourcing/off-shoring). It’s tough, but
worth it in the long run. Now see what you can do about getting them to pay for it---

Regards,

Gunner

Old 04-11-2007, 03:59 PM
Super Moderator

Oh I know. Our HD is out-sourced (what a joke). I have A+, N+, MCP, and my ***. degree, but Cisco is the way to go these days. I barely remember any of my networking stuff and I used to be so sharp in that. I should have stayed that route instead of Level 2. I appreciate the info though. ZYNE is a network guru also.

Old 04-11-2007, 04:03 PM

No worries...It is just like riding a bike and sex...once ya start doing it again it will all come back to you or at least you will remember...

Old 04-11-2007, 04:28 PM

Good luck..I think that's a great idea..One can never get too much education..

Old 04-11-2007, 05:03 PM

ORIGINAL: Little Monster

No worries...It is just like riding a bike and sex...once ya start doing it again it will all come back to you or at least you will remember...
Riding a bike and sex, one leaves you gasping for breath and your crotch sore, and the other....

Old 04-11-2007, 06:02 PM

ORIGINAL: littlehummerboy

ORIGINAL: Little Monster

Riding a bike and sex, one leaves you gasping for breath and your crotch sore, and the other....
Name:  ROFLsmileyanimated2.gif
Views: 49
Size:  22.7 KB

...and I'm still able to remember the days when I was able to do both with some relative ease. Name:  GuyBrushingSweatanimated.gif
Views: 62
Size:  4.0 KB

Old 04-11-2007, 06:08 PM

ORIGINAL: HummerGuy

...because Cisco stuff isn't easy.
If I can be of any help here bud, lemme know ... I do this crap on a daily basis and aced both the NA and the NP exams with ease...

Quick Reply: I can't believe I'm saying this, but...........