PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

I am going to go crazy!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 06:56 PM
Default I am going to go crazy!!

okay i just got a 2007 hummer h3 with 60,000 miles on it i love the car but it has a couple issues that are going to make me pull my hair out. My driver side window will not roll down and my doors will not lock with the button i have to do it manually. when we got the car we had it trucked in and the battery was dead so the truck driver jumped it (dont know if this helps?) I took the car into a dealer and they said it was the combo switch but i am convinced its not the issue and is something small. Another big problem that bothers me the most is my stereo i have the 7 speaker monsoon with the 6 cd changer and the stereo sounds awesome when the car is not running but when i turn the car on the front door speakers make this weird sound like they are cutting out i have read every single post on this website and have found nothing that works on fixing my driver side window and the doors from locking and unlocking as this seems to be a common problem.. i would really appreciate any opinions or helpful information thank you,
Garrett

Old 01-27-2011, 07:10 PM

Replace the switches!

Old 01-27-2011, 07:38 PM

I agree replace the switches

Old 01-27-2011, 07:57 PM

i asked the dealer about replacing the switches and he said they were fine plus why would the drivers side window be the only one to not roll down i was told that the drivers side window and the door locks are connected and if you fix the window you fix the locks?

Old 01-27-2011, 08:06 PM

Another forum user had these exact symptoms and the problem was resolved by replacing the battery connectors. https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=22695

Old 01-28-2011, 12:30 AM
Banned

fuses?,,68? i know,,too simple

Old 01-28-2011, 12:52 AM

Your stereo problem could be due to a BCM problem. Another vehicle we have had what sounds like a similar issue; speakers would make a loud crack or popping sound like it is blown or a very bad connection. It was due to a Body Control Module not functioning properly. I am not 100% sure that the H3 is set up similarly but it may be a starting point for tracking down the problem.
Good Luck.

Last edited by Widespread Hummer; 01-29-2011 at 11:29 PM.
Old 01-28-2011, 07:44 AM

I'm the guy that just posted on this Wednesday..Exact same problem..Put new brass connectors on..touched the cables together..Problem solved...Throw the old pot metal parts away..I used a Dremel to trim down the remaining metal...drilled 2 holes..and bolted the brass to the factory metal..

Old 01-28-2011, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Widespread Hummer
Your stereo problem could be due to a BCM problem. Another vehicle we have had what sounds like a similar issue; speakers would make a loud crack or popping sound like it is blown or a very bad connection. It was due to a Body Control Mount not functioning properly. I am not 100% sure that the H3 is set up similarly but it may be a starting point for tracking down the problem.
Good Luck.
The stereo problem sounds exactly like the one i am having was this an expensive fix? thanks for your help

Old 01-29-2011, 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by Widespread Hummer
Your stereo problem could be due to a BCM problem. Another vehicle we have had what sounds like a similar issue; speakers would make a loud crack or popping sound like it is blown or a very bad connection. It was due to a Body Control Mount not functioning properly. I am not 100% sure that the H3 is set up similarly but it may be a starting point for tracking down the problem.
Good Luck.
Hay Widespread, I think you may have mis-typed Body Control Mount, and ment to type Body Control Module (BCM). The OP would look like a dummy if he went in and asked about a Body Control Mount!

zimdim101: try the battery connectors first (a lot cheaper than a BCM).

Quick Reply: I am going to go crazy!!