PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

hummers suck... just ask this guy

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 01:10 AM
Default RE: hummers suck... just ask this guy

and having designed cellular networks throughout CA since 1988 has absolutely nothing to do with forming my opinion . . . .[sm=devilangel.gif]

Old 07-13-2006, 01:20 AM

Well, I never owned one and never will..Nothing but a dang fangled contration anyways..[sm=forgetit.gif]

Old 07-13-2006, 02:41 AM

The difference between a cell and other distractions in the car such as the kids screaming and passengers talking, or talking to other passengers, or loud stereos is that they are right there and can see what you are doing and can be told to hang on easier then on the phone, and the stereo can be turned down when needed. Also you can ignore what is going on without offending someone easier because they can see what is going on, or you can see that the kid is just making noise. As for the other distractions, like eating and makeup, you are right that they can be just as disasterous, but these things only distract you for a few brief moments at a time, while talking on the phone is a distraction for the lenght of the entire call. Don't get me wrong, though. I do not condone any type of distraction while driving.

I owned a cell from 1997 up until 2001. I got rid of it and haven't missed it since.

Old 07-13-2006, 03:54 AM

i don't think i could live without mine. i can talk on the phone, eat a big mac, drink a coke, have a smoke and shift gears at the same time, all while steering with my knee, and damn proud of it. i don't have to shift gears anymore, but i haven't killed anyone yet. like everything in life, i think it depends on the person. i never really pay attention to the person i'm talking to anyway, i'm more interested in the sound of my own voice . . . . we just really need to do something about all the women drivers . . . .[sm=badbadbad.gif] and the truckers, they're the worst . . . .[sm=devilgrin.gif]

Old 07-13-2006, 10:51 AM

LMAO...You kill me sometimes...Now I've got Root Beer again all over my monitor.[:@]

Old 07-13-2006, 11:04 AM

Shorty,

I know you are trying to get a rile out of one us, I keep wait for someone to reply and no one has, so I guess it will be me. I agree with you. I learned the truth about my gender when I started riding my motorcycle. I don't even have to look in the mirror to know if I have a male or a female behind me. The females are always riding on my back tire. That being said, I blame it on the males who don't teach women that a motorcycle can't stop or steer like a car. Guys put your biker chics on the front of the bike and let them drive. They will become better drivers all the way around. Let them drive in the cities. Let them drive all different types of vehicles. I ride in every thing from a unicycle to dump trucks and forklifts. I still know a few males that are better drivers than I am but I only have one girlfriend that can drive better than me(she has more expience than I do).

Old 07-13-2006, 12:47 PM

dammit, nobody takes me seriously anymore. [&o]

Old 07-13-2006, 11:26 PM

ORIGINAL: shortbus

i don't think i could live without mine. i can talk on the phone, eat a big mac, drink a coke, have a smoke and shift gears at the same time, all while steering with my knee, and damn proud of it. i don't have to shift gears anymore, but i haven't killed anyone yet. like everything in life, i think it depends on the person. i never really pay attention to the person i'm talking to anyway, i'm more interested in the sound of my own voice . . . . we just really need to do something about all the women drivers . . . .[sm=badbadbad.gif] and the truckers, they're the worst . . . .[sm=devilgrin.gif]
Sounds like me when I delivered for Domino's. BTW if a pizza shows up to your house with an odd number of slices, ask your driver how he ejoyed the other one.

Old 07-15-2006, 06:22 PM

Dennis i thought you like this post or are you already im her

pony girl 05
1st Gear Member

Old 07-15-2006, 06:58 PM

Well............We are actually dating now[sm=innoc.gif]