PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Hummers still causing anger

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 12:55 AM

Man! We are gonna have to have a talk about those H2 verses the H3 comments. Seems like folks are on one side or the other! I'm guessing the H2 can hold its own off road, I've seen plenty of good reviews and video. But its a beast, designed more for comfort and status rather than true off road work. Thats almost like choosing between the Suburban and a Jeep Cherokee for getting down and dirty. Hell yes the Burb has muscle, but the low end torque and In line power the Cherokee brings to the table out performs all platforms concerning dirt, mud, rock climbing, and tight space maneuverability!

Tractors, and most heavy machinery rigs commonly run In lines based on low end muscle and dependability. So do most of the high performance agile Imports like the BMW. The H3 settles nicely between the totally rugged monster off road performing H1, and the show and go chromed out H2. A bit of both worlds, in a smaller package, gets the job done nicely! And parking doesn't require two spaces!

Old 04-02-2009, 10:32 AM

You mean I have been taking 2 parking spaces this whole time without having too?

Oops.

Old 04-02-2009, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by BrickWurX Mfg.
Man! We are gonna have to have a talk about those H2 verses the H3 comments. Seems like folks are on one side or the other!
I wasn't going to mention it but 90% of my positive comments are along the lines " a real one" at truck stops, toll booths, parking lots etc.

I find that the general population mixes up the H2/H3 on a regular basis.

People who aren't car people won't get Hummer or any other specialty vehicle.

Old 04-02-2009, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by BigKofJustice
I wasn't going to mention it but 90% of my positive comments are along the lines " a real one" at truck stops, toll booths, parking lots etc.

I find that the general population mixes up the H2/H3 on a regular basis.

People who aren't car people won't get Hummer or any other specialty vehicle.
I agree. I have to explain to people giving me a hard time about "can't hide money" that it is an H3 and the same sticker ($37,000) as my '07 Silverado Z71 crew cab I traded. Most seem to think I spent over 50k on it. They are not "car" people. Even with the H3 I get lots of compliments. Some say they like it better than the H2 because the H2 is too big. I disagree and would have bought the H2 if this wasn't my main driving vehicle. I drive more than 25k miles a year. I didn't want to chance gas going back to $4 a gallon.

Old 04-03-2009, 08:29 PM

hey yellow fin....congrats on the 2010 ss...that car is sick, i work by the gm tech center and see them all the time... but i havent had anyone really be nasty towards me owning an h3 but i do carry...if u catch my drift soooo if u see me on the news u know what happend!!! lmao

Old 04-04-2009, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by 3bo0odi
even though if there is something going to happened to the environment, it would not during our life time .. may be 2 or 3 generations later ... so why the bother

to make things worse for those people .. i filled up my tank yesterday and its half way done right now
As much as a beautiful sight that it would be, even if every person in the world drove a Hummer, it still wouldn't have an impact on the environment. What's being pushed on people via the news, schools, etc. is BS. Mankind can't possibly effect what happens with the environment, not even if we tried to! That's the thing about it! It's laughable to think that we actually could!
Also, gasoline will never run out.
Lastly, the hate I see and get just shows me how ignorant and arrogant people can be, it relates to the above statement.
Think about it, by driving a Hummer, I personally am responsible for ruining the earth and am contributing to "global warming"? C'Mon! That's the most ridiculous statement anyone could believe! But they do...

Old 04-04-2009, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by schmegeggie
As much as a beautiful sight that it would be, even if every person in the world drove a Hummer, it still wouldn't have an impact on the environment. What's being pushed on people via the news, schools, etc. is BS. Mankind can't possibly effect what happens with the environment, not even if we tried to! That's the thing about it! It's laughable to think that we actually could!
Also, gasoline will never run out.
Lastly, the hate I see and get just shows me how ignorant and arrogant people can be, it relates to the above statement.
Think about it, by driving a Hummer, I personally am responsible for ruining the earth and am contributing to "global warming"? C'Mon! That's the most ridiculous statement anyone could believe! But they do...
I completely agree with your first point. This planet will chew us up and spit us out before we can begin to harm it. If anybody here has never seen the video "The Great Global Warming Swindle", I strongly recommend it! It's about 75 min long and can easily be found in Google.

Oil (gasoline) is a finite resource. It will not run out in our lifetime but we are already seeing signs that we have reached peak world production. There is still a lot of oil in the ground but much of it is too expensive to explore at current oil prices. We will see plenty of oil in the foreseeable future. Just have to pay a little more for it...

Last edited by tfhagen; 04-04-2009 at 12:01 PM.
Old 04-04-2009, 01:38 PM

Aaaaand the liberals will shut this thread down in 3,2,1...

Old 04-05-2009, 02:23 AM

Most people tend to believe what they are told about the environment, or want desperately to believe in something negative in one way or another. It's a human trait to maintain a destructive nature. I guess it is highly possible we have been here before, similar scenario, similar technologies. Eventually another ice age will happen, it has happened in the past, it will happen again in the future. A cleansing or fresh start of sorts. Two-hundred thousand years could easily enough erase all current proof of any of mankind's so called advancements. Perhaps we are, in our own way, all contributing to earth destruction. Or maybe we are only contributing to our own demise. Perhaps earth will simply give up on us, hit the reset button, and all will return to something less, well, mechanical.

I have a tendency to think around the “box”, less in it or outside of it. Evolution for example. There are some that believe it as solid fact, and others that do not. But have you ever asked yourself “ What if the principal is correct, just not the direction?” After all, which sounds more likely? Over millions of years primates and apes eventually bread smarter and more intelligent primates and apes, that one day decided to walk upright and build engineering wonders such as man has created in the last three thousand years? Or is it better to think that we started out on TOP! Then over the same amount of projected time that scientist deal out as hard to prove fact, that less intelligent men and woman mated and overpopulated the earth with a consistently dummer, more incompetent form of human that eventually ran off into the jungle to become monkeys, apes, and the likes?

Just saying, think about it, and before you get all argumentative, take a look around your neighborhood. Does the youth of America seem more intelligent to you lately? Are the highly educated, healthy, and rich having four or more children by just as many fathers? Maybe we are in a form of De-Evolution! Consistently becoming less and less functional as the machines we build grow to take care of us?

But I digress. I figured if others were allowed to rant a bit, perhaps no one would mind if I took a turn! Funny. I'll climb off the soap box now so someone else can have shot! I love my truck, but do I really need a dash light to tell me my tire has run flat? Or would the growing hum and pulling to one side kind of give me a clue as to what could be wrong. Just sayin...

Old 04-06-2009, 09:56 AM
Banned

Sorry but I cannot stop laughing when I see a "Smart Car" or Prius. Everyone rushing to get into a ugly little deathtrap. What did the Banker tell Tesla's free energy project? " If you cant put a meter on it then its not going to happen" then pulled all funding. We could make a car run on water/ hydrogen but theres no money in it.

Quick Reply: Hummers still causing anger