PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Hummers still causing anger

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by White08H3
lol it was funny. I have been labeled everything....draining the earth, ruining the environment, causing Florida to someday be under water, making everyone else suffer bigger gas prices....it just keeps going.
even though if there is something going to happened to the environment, it would not during our life time .. may be 2 or 3 generations later ... so why the bother

to make things worse for those people .. i filled up my tank yesterday and its half way done right now

Old 03-31-2009, 05:50 PM

I've yet to have a negative reaction. I couple of jokes from friends of "are you compensating for something small?" Everyone that has said anything is giving compliments.

Old 03-31-2009, 05:54 PM

We get tons of looks and grunts, but those could be because or H3 is a "marked" vehicle. If you think people give you crap about your truck, try driving one that is government contracted, and contains words like "assault" and "tactical recovery" in its lettering. Good times! Our truck runs a magna flow exhaust, custom air intake, and jet chip, we get quicker response times and still run around 16-17 MPG depending on the driving. We used to drive seven Jeep Cherokee trucks, each with 6.5 lifts and 33 MT tires. Gas per mile was rarely over 10 MPG. People can be silly. H3's are under estimated!

Old 03-31-2009, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by BrickWurX Mfg.
We get tons of looks and grunts, but those could be because or H3 is a "marked" vehicle. If you think people give you crap about your truck, try driving one that is government contracted, and contains words like "assault" and "tactical recovery" in its lettering. Good times! Our truck runs a magna flow exhaust, custom air intake, and jet chip, we get quicker response times and still run around 16-17 MPG depending on the driving. We used to drive seven Jeep Cherokee trucks, each with 6.5 lifts and 33 MT tires. Gas per mile was rarely over 10 MPG. People can be silly. H3's are under estimated!
do u really get 16-17 mpg ??? is only city or city and hwy combination

Old 03-31-2009, 06:25 PM
Unhappy

Originally Posted by Monument H3
What is the hate with the Prius.
It's ugly

Old 03-31-2009, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by tfhagen
It's ugly
Agreed there.

Old 03-31-2009, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by 3bo0odi
even though if there is something going to happened to the environment, it would not during our life time .. may be 2 or 3 generations later ... so why the bother

to make things worse for those people .. i filled up my tank yesterday and its half way done right now
It's sad how much brainwashing can go on from Washington.

Old 03-31-2009, 08:04 PM

then u get bs articles like this.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/31/bu...l?ref=business

It keeps stating that hummers get 10MPG, and shows pics of only the discontinued H1.

If they are going to talk about vehicles, why not state the facts. Perhaps better wording for the author could be, "The now discontinued H1 got 10 MPG", instead of spreading misinformation, causing even further hate amongst the uneducated reader. To him, apparently there is only one level of MPG across the entire portfolio of the brand.

I can't stand this level of ignorance in journalism. Geez I'm bitter tonight. ;-)

Old 03-31-2009, 09:37 PM

Happened to my Wife and little boy couple of months ago.
She was just waiting at a red light coming out of the mall minding her own business when a guy in a beaten up POS was coming the other way. He stopped next to my wife and proceeded to hurl abuse at the top of his voice shouting, "Get that piece of f1*^?+g s!*t off the road", and then waved his hand out the window giving her the finger.
My little one(who's 5 yr old) wondered what was going on !
Glad it's not just us who's had it! We were getting a complex.

Old 03-31-2009, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by ukpaul
Happened to my Wife and little boy couple of months ago.
She was just waiting at a red light coming out of the mall minding her own business when a guy in a beaten up POS was coming the other way. He stopped next to my wife and proceeded to hurl abuse at the top of his voice shouting, "Get that piece of f1*^?+g s!*t off the road", and then waved his hand out the window giving her the finger.
My little one(who's 5 yr old) wondered what was going on !
Glad it's not just us who's had it! We were getting a complex.
its really stupid ... there are many other vehicles that are worse than the H3 like Suburban, f250, f350, f450, supercars, sportcars driven by teenagers, and of course our big bro's H2 & H1 ... all sort of cars

what pisses me off the most is the way that people say it. i really dont mind it if they say it nicely. but this way, it really makes me wanna waste even more gas

Quick Reply: Hummers still causing anger