PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

hummerguy...so?!?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 08:23 AM
Default hummerguy...so?!?!?!?

I saw in another thread that you are getting something new in March...I thought you were going to the dealer today to get something??? What happened bro?

Old 01-14-2008, 08:28 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: hummerguy...so?!?!?!?

I'm going this Saturday. The reason I said that is with everything stripped off the H3, if I do end up keeping it, it's going to look different.

And, if I do keep it, I'm going to de-chrome it, actually strip every piece of chrome off and color-match the grill. I'm getting tired of that look. I want it to look like a real truck, not a pavement princess.......

Sorry Bob

Old 01-14-2008, 08:32 AM

ahhh...gotchaAnd chrome doesn't make it look any less of a truck....it just makes it look like you don't live in a trailer in West Virginia[8D]

Old 01-14-2008, 08:58 AM
Super Moderator

Well, I guess after seeing so many trucks on here now that have done alot of monotone color schemes and blacking them out, I think I like that look better and so does my wife.

Unfortunately at the dealer they only have a White and Metallic Blue Lux H3 available. I'm hoping they get in a Black one by the time Saturday comes. I showed her some pics of some of the blacked-out ones and we both prefer that.

For a car she doesn't drive, she sure wants me to put alot of stuff on it. The next project with be the built-in nav dvd stereo, which looks like for what we want we'll need an entire credit card for

Of course, if you remember, the only reason I started the chrome fad is because she wanted me to. I'm not going that route anymore I'm glad her taste has changed. I was getting kinda sick of it to be honest [&o]

Again, sorry Bob

Old 01-14-2008, 09:05 AM

well the black look is def. the cheaper route to go...so you can put more money into your dvd/nav. What one are you looking at. I just installed this Pioneer AVIC-Z2Xin the rubi....really cool unit..I love it!!

Old 01-14-2008, 09:25 AM
Super Moderator

The most important option I want is the ability to update the maps. That's why I love the TomTom. The interface is great and it's very easy to update the maps when the new ones become available. I don't like the new double-DIN TomTom one though. It looks kinda funky.

I also want one that plays MP3's (what doesn't these days), has a USB port and has HD-Radio. Hopefully It plays DVD's but that's not that imporant. It would be nice if it had at least a 20GB hard drive to store the MP3's and map updates.

You get the idea. This is actually my wife's idea. I'm happy with my TomTom

Oh, and one that DOESNT lock you out when your moving [:@]

Old 01-14-2008, 09:33 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: importkiller

well the black look is def. the cheaper route to go...so you can put more money into your dvd/nav. What one are you looking at. I just installed this Pioneer AVIC-Z2Xin the rubi....really cool unit..I love it!!
I was looking at that one on their web site last night. It's a little pricey. I've seen some comparable at BB and CC for half the price. Sometimes they run those online-only and weekend specials. I've been buying stuff from Crutchfield since I was 16 since they always hook you up with the converters and harnesses, and when you call them they actually know the hardware, and to me it's worth the extra money, but I have limits.

Old 01-14-2008, 09:40 AM

it was pricey...but my bro bought itTo lockout the only show while in park option, you just need to ground out a wire in most cases.

Old 01-14-2008, 09:41 AM
Super Moderator

That Pioneer is one sweet unit.

Old 01-14-2008, 10:03 AM
Super Moderator

Sounds like an easy fix. Is that like some hidden fix they have to bypass the system that isn't documented?

Quick Reply: hummerguy...so?!?!?!?