PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Hummer went for a swim

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 06:21 AM
Default Hummer went for a swim

Hi I hope you can help with some advice. I have a 2003 H2 and went offroading. Was told the water was only a foot or 2 deep well ended up being 6 feet or so. Got stuc for about an hour until tow truck pulled me out about 30 mins was spent with water up to the bottom of dash on the inside.

Gauges go off and on. Radio wont work just a constant crackle comming from speakers even when its off. Drivers seat dont work. Cant get it out of 4 low.

Its paid for clear and free I just bought it back from a friend who had it a year so didnt have insurance.

Any advice? Is it a total loss?

you can see pics at http://hummer.dwstechnologies.biz

Old 04-25-2008, 12:06 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Hummer went for a swim

Here's what I think.... I think you opened the door...the water in those pics are barely over the tires.... 35" tires.... 35" isn't 6 feet.... 6 feet would be past the windows....

SO... you are either a troll or a dumbass....either way.... welcome to the forum....

Old 04-25-2008, 12:41 PM

SO... you are either a troll or a dumbass....either way.... welcome to the forum....
[/quote]

Probably both would be my guess

Old 04-25-2008, 01:16 PM

Is this your first time offroad? My guess, like muddy said you opened the damn doors once you were stuck and water rushed in. If you were only in there for an hour and kept the doors closed, the seals on the door, plus the weight of the water on the outside would have kept the water out. As far as the electrical system, there are no connections that I know off below the dash, just wires, plus the coil on the speaker was not even in the water, from the pics I saw. Soundsa little fishy about the electrical problems you are having, based on the water level, nothing critical got wet. Lesson learned, always wheel with a buddy, make sure you have the right gear when you go and you will never have these problems.

Whats the rest of the story.......

Oh welcome if you intend to stick around. Too bad for the hummer. I have seen way worse than that with no problems..

Old 04-25-2008, 01:17 PM

Muddy...he has 76" tires bro...that water was 6 foot deep....EASY!!!

I would recommend you get one of these and get to work

Old 04-25-2008, 03:32 PM

Well no I did not open the doors not until the water was up to my waste and was over the bottom of the dash. Then I started thinking about the dirty water. And I hate to say it but the BCM and the BOSE amp is below the water its under the console. And there are other relays and computer moduels under the passenger floormat tward the firewall. I may actualy have it covered as its a company vehicle and company insurance might cover it. Allready had the Huber dealer in Omaha Nebraska verify its a total loss. Water in the tranny and the electrical issues.

And who ever sayes im a troll notice the signs on the windows? Notice my email address on this forum dcperdue@dwstechnologies.biz and have a look at my company website if you wish www.dwstechnologies.biz

WTF I come here looking for advice and get accused of being a troll.

Old 04-25-2008, 03:40 PM

Gah this being called a troll had me so rattled I forgot to mention. I only had my cell phone to take pictures. That last picture was taken when I bailed out after the water got to my waste. The vehicle sank about another 2 feet or so after that where the water was ruuning into the open windows. I fell in the water trying to hook the tow cable up and my phone was dead. Would you like to see my verizon receipt for having to purchase a new HTC 6800? Didnt have any coverage for the phone through verizon so that cost me 500 bucks to replace as well.

I think I might get a SUT with the new interior for 2008. Any comments about the SUT?

Old 04-25-2008, 04:22 PM
Super Moderator

Don't get upset. We got ALOT of people on here coming in like this to plug their web sites and try to get some free advertising. It's our job to filter that out.

Why would you drive your truck into what literally looks like a swamp? Is this the first time you tried something like this?

And you have no insurance?

Old 04-25-2008, 04:34 PM
Super Moderator

So... we have verified you are indeed a dumbass... especially since your story changes every time you post.... and you have every angle covered on why you did what....

No insurance... on a company vehicle? are you really ****ing trying to spew that **** here??

and yeah... I saw the name on the side... means nothing to me other than your advertising on the site... so... maybe you are a spammer and not a troll....

My advice.... get a boat... the Hummer is not right for you... dumbass...

Old 04-25-2008, 04:47 PM

So... we have verified you are indeed a dumbass... especially since your story changes every time you post.... and you have every angle covered on why you did what....

No insurance... on a company vehicle? are you really ****ing trying to spew that **** here??

and yeah... I saw the name on the side... means nothing to me other than your advertising on the site... so... maybe you are a spammer and not a troll....

My advice.... get a boat... the Hummer is not right for you... dumbass...

Awww dont be sad because your still making the payments on yours asshat. And yes destroying a perfectly good H2 for advertising lol your a moron. I am a technology company what the hell would I need to advertise on a truck forum for? Yes I spent 40 grand to total a H2 with my companys name on it so I could post the pictures on this site for advertising. And I think your words describe it well I have every angle covered on why I did what. Of course I do dumbass because its the truth. And story changing where do you see my story changing. I went offroading ended up in a swamp. I just think your jellious because you can not do something as cool as I did.

Quick Reply: Hummer went for a swim