PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Hummer suddenly stopped

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 08:39 PM

Check the fuel pump electrical relays. if faulty can cause flux in preasure as it can't maintain full contact.

Old 06-26-2012, 09:35 AM
Default The cam sensor is on the engine block front driver side

Also make sure you check the PCM connector, my H2 had exactly the same symptoms, i also replaced everything i could think of but it turned out to be water in the connector. The pcm is very easy to get to, in a plastic casing in the front, close to the radiator, driver side.
How do you get the truck running again once it stops? Mine would stop for around 10 minutes, then i could usually start it again, it would then run for a while (10 minutes to half a day)
next time it stops try jiggling the PCM harness a bit and see if that allows you to start it, if so it should be the connector.

Cheers,

Old 06-26-2012, 11:08 PM

i was mistaken, the sensor i had in mind is the engine coolant sensor. Googling for the position of the camshaft position sensor in the LQ4 block shows that the sensor is in the back of the valley on top of the block in the rear, 2007 and newer would be in the front.
http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/...now678/051.jpg

i replaced the knock sensors the other day in the valley, chasing another gremlin, you'll probably need to take the intake manifold off to get access calling for new manifold gaskets if you want to play it by the book, the gaskets are rubber though and my old ones looked fine but i replaced them none the less. Lots of work though, you might want to explore other options first

Originally Posted by powerboat
Ok i will check the PCM connector.

In front of the engine block do you mean against the fire wall. i google around a bit and it seems to be next to the oil preassure sensor. can i replace it without remove the intake it seems to bee very very tigtht for my hands back there.

Old 07-03-2012, 01:22 AM

I have a 2005 H2 and am wondering about early detection to try and prevent me from stalling/stopping in the middle of a highly traveled road all by myself, and the humiliation I would experience, especially with such a big beautiful vehicle as these?
I am Mrs. MARCM and usually the one driving this beautiful animal. Any suggestions I can provide my mechanic?