PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Is "The Hummer Store" a Legit Site?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 06:29 PM
Question Is "The Hummer Store" a Legit Site?

Seems to be the cheapest (if not only) place I can find a black H3 grille pre-painted to match factory colors. Has anyone done business with this site before?

BLACK HUMMER H3 & H3 t FRONT RADIATOR GRILLE

Old 03-24-2011, 07:01 PM

I think the key sentence in their add gives away the good price:
"Designed for perfect fit and easy installation"
What that sentence tells me is that it's not an OEM part, but a reproduction.

Old 03-24-2011, 07:07 PM

haha when you first open it there is a big box that says search aftermarket accessories....that kinda says it all but I would imagine its a legit store just no oem parts.

Old 03-24-2011, 07:27 PM

Good point; didn't even think about that. Do you think I should try to find an OEM grille instead or get mine painted? Know of any places selling OEM black grilles these days?

Old 03-24-2011, 07:27 PM

I took another look at that grill add. They give a part number, and although I can't say that it is the OEM number for that grill I can say that it is a GM part number, soooo...who knows

Old 03-24-2011, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Broken Halo
I took another look at that grill add. They give a part number, and although I can't say that it is the OEM number for that grill I can say that it is a GM part number, soooo...who knows
That's all good and well but I can just as easily show you a picture of some cheap crap and give you an OEM part number. It would be cheaper to have your chrome grill painted.

Old 03-24-2011, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Broken Halo
Good point - I'll give them a call tomorrow and see what the deal is!

Originally Posted by Draketh
That's all good and well but I can just as easily show you a picture of some cheap crap and give you an OEM part number. It would be cheaper to have your chrome grill painted.
I'll look into this as well; should I expect a painted grille hold up just as the factory paintjob has (provided I bring it to an autobody shop, etc.)?

Old 03-24-2011, 09:34 PM

It is a legit site, and 19156161 is a OEM grille part number...you just have to choose a color. But you can get it cheaper here $301.88 plus shipping, again you have to choose the color.

Old 03-24-2011, 09:44 PM

Thanks for the part numer! Found it even cheaper here!

Old 03-25-2011, 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by Draketh
I'd be interested in seeing an example of an add that shows a reproduction part, and uses a GM part number without a disclaimer that states: "Replaces part number XXXXXXXX" ! Being a GM/Delphi engineer for 23 years, I can tell you they'd be in some deep sh_t!

Quick Reply: Is "The Hummer Store" a Legit Site?