PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Hummer Service Centers?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 12:54 PM
Default Hummer Service Centers?

I keep getting different answers when I ask where the future of Hummer service is going now that the brand has been discontinued. Some dealers say that they will no longer be able to sell them after 2010 but will be able to service them, some say any GM dealer can service a Hummer, and some say only Chevy dealers will be able to service them because they are built on a Chevy-truck-platform. Any input on this?

Old 05-19-2010, 02:55 PM
Super Moderator

Members. Please do NOT post in the FAQ H3 section just because you "think" it would be a FAQ. If you look in the FAQ section, and do not see it, more than likely it your post does not belong there. If a mod/admin (someone that has been on this board long enough to "know" what a FAQ is) wants to move your post from the regular old H3 section, we'll move it to FAQ.

Thank you.

Old 05-19-2010, 03:02 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by runamok
I keep getting different answers when I ask where the future of Hummer service is going now that the brand has been discontinued. Some dealers say that they will no longer be able to sell them after 2010 but will be able to service them, some say any GM dealer can service a Hummer, and some say only Chevy dealers will be able to service them because they are built on a Chevy-truck-platform. Any input on this?
Many (GM) dealers do not know enough to fill a thimble. I'll answer your question this way, Hummers may be serviced at any GM dealer that wants to service them. Same way as an Olds, and now, Pontiac get serviced. No rocket science here.

They wont be able to sell any new models after 2010 since the last run just finished for a fleet order. The national inventory is somewhere near 400 or so units, so it won't be long before nobody will be selling new ones. Left over new 09/10s will be sold by any dealer that wants to try to sell it, instead of having GM take it back to a different dealer.