PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

HUMMER to be phased out indefinitely

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 10:22 PM
Default HUMMER to be phased out indefinitely

After some speculation that another buyer might emerge, GM has made it official that Hummer will be phased out indefinitely:

GM to Wind Down HUMMER After Unsuccessful Buyer Search

GM announced privately to its dealers this morning via conference call that it would begin the wind-down process of the HUMMER brand after an exhaustive search to find a buyer was unsuccessful. According to dealers we spoke with, GM indicated they would soon receive letters containing the announcement and an explanation of the wind-down process.

Earlier this morning, we learned that many senior HUMMER staff members had been reassigned, and the conference call to dealers confirmed that GM does indeed to shut down the HUMMER brand indefinitely.

Source: http://www.hummerguy.net/

Old 04-06-2010, 10:29 PM

Well That SUCKS! I guess I will hold on to both my Hummers and maybe I will have some collecters items. I still have the Corvette I bought used 30 years ago.

Old 04-07-2010, 09:49 AM

But looking to the positive, according to CNN:

"Buyers can get $6,000 rebates on a 2009 model year Hummer H2 full-sized SUV or H3 mid-sized SUV.

GM is also offering $5,000 on the 2009 Hummer H3T, a pick-up version of the H3, and $4,000 on the few 2010 H3T that were made and remain in stock.

Buyers with good credit can also 0% financing for six years on all Hummer models."

Old 04-07-2010, 10:01 PM

0% plus the rebate? Makes me want to go trade for a 2010.

Old 04-08-2010, 04:20 PM

Thought it was one or the other not both.

Old 04-10-2010, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Bayrat
0% plus the rebate? Makes me want to go trade for a 2010.
I work at a dealership...you can the rebate or the 0% but not both...

Old 12-10-2010, 09:39 PM

Fu@k GM!!! Bullsh1t on not being able to find a buyer as well!!! AM General has been interested in buying the brand back for two years or more according to their director of public relations... This was due to political pressure from the current administration - plain and simple - LIBS wanted it dead so it's D-E-A-D. I can't figure it out - a very popular brand that was aggressively marketing EVERYWHERE and extremely popular in POP culture with potential corporate buyers standing in line to buy it?!?!?!?!? Nice job losses for the 4500 to 5000 or so that worked on the Am General H2 & GM H3 lines... The H3 and H2 had 2010 buyers on waiting lists so I hear?

I think Jeep should take advantage of the situation ASAP!

Old 12-10-2010, 11:49 PM
Banned
Default dont hold back!

Im with u 100%,,,libs =no drillin,,high gas$

kill fun cars,,kill fun,,,

Old 12-13-2010, 08:21 AM

No doubt the Hussein special interests wanted that vehicle gone and gone it is.

Old 12-13-2010, 09:37 PM

I am sure the moron lefties had a hand in the death of Hummer, but Hummer was born and catered to a group of us that are simply not going to be able to sustain the brand. With the Obama-depression and the Congressional Gas taxes it was simply inevitable that the brand was going to die, the American car and truck buying tendencies has completely changed. Who would have thought 5-10 years ago a "hybrid" would be something the American people would want, and a purely electric car like the Volt would actually be mass produced. I'm not brain-dead so I won't ever be wasting my money on something as moronic as either of those, but they are out there now, would a Hybrid Hummer have sold? Perhaps, but not likely to the core people the brand was marketed to. With the change in the world, it was inevitable the brand would die, it was written on the wall the day the brand rolled out.

Quick Reply: HUMMER to be phased out indefinitely