PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Are HUMMER owners subposed to wave @ each other?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 05:13 PM
Default Waver, or not?

I've had my H3 for over a year now, and have been getting waved at by various Hummer owners. I decided (finally) to do my research and see if this was something I should be initiating, as well (hence me creating this account). I mostly get waves from the H1/H2 drivers; and increasingly amounts of fellow H3 drivers. I love my H3; and think it's awesome that there's this little "waving system" in place.

Old 01-14-2012, 09:13 PM
Super Moderator

Don't see that much out here. I wave if I see eye contact.

Old 01-14-2012, 09:13 PM

I've had my H3 new since Jan, 2006..and at first I was real enthusiastic about waving to fellow Hummer owners..but got blank stares or total ignoring..But lately, seems every Hummer driver now waves all of a sudden..What's up?..is it because of the dead breed and we are the last of an iconic GM vehicle?..

Old 01-14-2012, 10:10 PM

I've tried waving to other HUMMER driver's mostly with no luck. Most of them seem too oblivious to notice another HUMMER on the road. I have noticed that H3's are the most likely to wave, while H2's seem to have alot of stunned women driving that aren't paying attention.
Since I first rode with my buddy in his Jeep, I've found Jeepers ALWAYS have to wave to each other, it's very annoying. I used to tell him that HUMMER drivers are above that waving crap, we just wrinkle and turn up our noses as we drive by each other and go Hrmmphh!
I now flash my lights when I see another HUMMER driving past as my way of saying hi, not sure they have a clue that's what I'm doing.

Old 01-15-2012, 10:30 AM

Good morning Sir, As a 1SG in the MI National Guard who has done my active time and 3 seperate tours in the desert, i say you tell the "Executive director" to GO POUND SAND!!! im assuming he has never left the U.S and seen the terrors of the rest of the world, if he has then he has chosen to turn a blind eye like most of the "sheep" in our great country. i bought my SUT when i returned in Sept. from my latest deployment. its a joy to drive and i think it shows exactly what is good with the U.S...freedom to choose!!!

Old 01-15-2012, 10:41 AM

I wave to all hummers and notice not all wave back....in my Vette when I wave just about all vettes wave back...

Old 01-15-2012, 10:43 AM

[QUOTE=twinmill28;26
I now flash my lights when I see another HUMMER driving past as my way of saying hi, not sure they have a clue that's what I'm doing.[/QUOTE]
I'm gonna try that!

Old 01-15-2012, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by twinmill28
I now flash my lights when I see another HUMMER driving past as my way of saying hi, not sure they have a clue that's what I'm doing.
They probably think you're letting them know that their is a Speed trap ahead..And thanking you.

Old 01-15-2012, 07:37 PM
Default Of Course.

I will wave or blink my lights at them and then wave...maybe even the occasional nod

Old 01-15-2012, 10:29 PM
Thumbs up

I've done the "thumbs up" greeting with mostly acknowledged replies of a wave or another "thumbs up" back at me. Either way, it's better than the one finger salute!! LOL.

Quick Reply: Are HUMMER owners subposed to wave @ each other?