PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Are HUMMER owners subposed to wave @ each other?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 02:59 PM

I have both a Jeep Wrangler and an H3 Alpha. Not waving in the Wrangler is a big no-no, and I haven't received nods or waves from HUMMER except one in the last 18 months.

Old 08-11-2009, 03:57 PM

I'm in Texas and on the FM roads we always wave no matter what vehicle, country boy mentality, however when i go to work in San Antonio, Tx., I get about 1/4 waves from Hummers and thats with me initiating it, so It would depend on your location.

Old 08-14-2009, 09:37 PM

I always waaaaant to wave at other Hummers (I certainly NOTICE them on the road and make a conscious effort to get beside/behind them!!) but the only time I've ever done it, they didn't wave back. I think we should wave.. I think the Hummer community is probably the most "community" of all car groups.

Old 08-14-2009, 10:33 PM

New to the Hummer scene (just picked up an H2 a couple of weeks ago), driving around the Dallas/Ft.Worth area I noticed other H2's flashed there parking lamps at me, looked pretty cool so I kinda jumped on that wagon !

Old 08-27-2009, 07:48 AM

i always wave but rarely get a response from fellow owners in the eastern Iowa area

Old 09-05-2009, 07:12 PM

There are few other Hummers in my neck of the woods, and since I have a work truck, the H3 doesn't get much use, but I would wave if I was in mine and saw another! We are also the ONLY copper colored H3 in town! When we got ours we talked my husband's Lt into getting one and we wave to each other! When we first got ours we were driving on a semi-country road and one waved at us and we were kinda shocked (the only other waves we get are on the mororcycles!!) and didn't get a chance to wave back. So it might be where people live (in Florida people are stuck up and probably think they'll get shot if they wave at someone they don't know).

We got NO WAVES while we were in Miami but the only other Hummers we saw were the H2's.

P.S. we haven't been off-roading yet, but bought the truck so we could if and when we wanted too!!! My husband wants to park it int he ditch next to the house just because we can!!!

My theory is give them the benefit of the doubt because maybe they are new Hummer owners and are amazed at being waved at!! I wave any chance I get!

Old 09-05-2009, 10:22 PM

American cars/trucks are rare in NZ, and hummers.....rarer sight than a ferrari.
usually when i see another USA truck i flash my lights, they do same back. or vice versa

Old 10-02-2009, 09:33 AM

yeah i def wave, not to many ppl wave back though

Old 10-04-2009, 11:39 PM

I just got mine but so far EVERY hummer 6/6 I have passed HAS waved at me and I always wave back although the first one I'm not sure if they saw me because I wasn't expecting it but quickly learned it must be a hummer owner thing. but I ride motorcycles to and that is also just kind of a "given" to wave at other riders

Old 10-05-2009, 09:50 AM

That whole wave thing, I mostly think of the jeep thing.. I have a M37 Its a Dodge , not a jeep, but every dam jeep would wave to me... Unless it was lifted, I wouldn't wave back. Now since I've got a overly wide, low gas mielage, leaky top, did I meantion noisy, Hummer, I might slip a couple fingers off the steering wheel, but if your in a jeep, dont be disapointed, you'll only get one finger. just kidding.

Quick Reply: Are HUMMER owners subposed to wave @ each other?