PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Are HUMMER owners subposed to wave @ each other?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 07:02 AM
Cool Are HUMMER owners subposed to wave @ each other?

I am a Major in the Ohio National Guard - we have a H2 we use for training/promotion. We are currently in the process of converting it to CNG (natural gas) as part of the alternative fuel movement in Ohio. Much like Jeep and VW owners - do HUMMER owners acknowledge each other on the road with a nod or wave? I have been driving this H2 for a couple of weeks and I have noticed some do and some don't. What is the PROPER Hummer protocol – if any? I do not want to snub anyone.

Old 07-01-2009, 06:13 PM
Default Why not

I do if I see the other Hummer (1,2,or3)
in time. I don't always get a wave or nod
back.

Old 07-01-2009, 07:57 PM

I ALWAYS Wave!!

Generally most H1's & H2's wave, but NOT SO MUCH with the H3ers??

I'm not sure WHY, but that's been MY observations.....

Old 07-01-2009, 08:19 PM

Thanks for the info.

On a side note (bare with me) - Our CNG project approached an alternative fuels advocacy organization here in Ohio called Clean Fuels Ohio (www.cleanfuelsohio.org). Our project team's objective was to pick their brain and open a line of communication with hopes later on to cross-promote or even get monetary support for our "Green Hummer Project" (see www.cng-ohio.com). You folks will LOVE TO HEAR their response to our project!!!

The Executive Director of Clean Fuels Ohio stated that even though our project was a worthy and excellent approach to the alternative fuels movement - their organization COULD NOT "get on board" simply because of the brand HUMMER!!! He went on to say that the brand stands for "everything that is wrong with america". WHAT???!!! Can you believe that?! Here we are trying to make a difference and have a positive National Guard Public Affairs outreach program that is nothing but POSITIVE - and these AGENDA LADEN left wakkos really are NOT concerned with alternative fuel advocacy - they are just concerned with pushing their "everyone MUST drive a subcompact" agenda!!! Just an FYI to those of you that express your freedom by driving whatever you want!

BTW - this idiot had no idea that AM General even produces this vehice. I expressed that this H2 to us was no different than any other HMMWV or AM General vehicle we had on base that we took pride in and relied on everyday... I also asked what the differecnce was between this vehicle or a civilian that owned a F250 or F350 and had no REAL practicle use for it other than they liked it. He had no logical response (of course). His respose was that they would fully fund and support the program if we dropped the name "HUMMER" and changed it to the "Green HUMVEE Project". WOW!!! Really... #1. What do you all think of that? #2. Should we cave (I already know the answer). #3. WHAT THE He11 is THE DIFFERENCE - I mean this is ignorant on many-MANY levels! REMEMBER: THIS IS A LEADING ADVOCACY GROUP ON ALTERNATIVE FUELS - shouldn't they be all about converting everything! ESPECIALLY LARGE TRUCKS!???

WOW...

That my friends is the mentality and sheer ignorance that you are all up against as HUMMER operators. Thought all you civilian HMMVW operators might find this interesting.

I still want more responses on if you wave to other HUMMER OWNERS. Thanks to the folks that have chimed in thus far.

Last edited by CNG-HUMMER; 07-01-2009 at 08:28 PM.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:27 AM
Location: Southlake texas is my hometown but Prescott Arizona for college

Originally Posted by HummBob
I ALWAYS Wave!!

Generally most H1's & H2's wave, but NOT SO MUCH with the H3ers??

I'm not sure WHY, but that's been MY observations.....
Thats because only people who were SERIOUS about liking hummers bought an h1 or h2. When the h3 came out its price was a lot closer to other small suvs so people figured why not but its just a car to them. So you get a mix of people that love hummer and some who just plain dont care. I know at least in my hometown there are TONS of hummers and i have only gotten one wave back and it was another h3t guy. 1 in prolly 20 hummers in my area has ever been off road or even changed 4 wheel drive modes.

Oh and i always wave! = )

Old 07-02-2009, 02:08 PM

I often wonder about the wave thing. For me it's hard to see the other Hummer drivers throught he small and tinted windows. Also, there are still quite a few soccer moms driving H2s and can't wave with one hand on the wheel and the other with a cell phone...

I wave.

Old 07-02-2009, 05:12 PM

Welcome to the forum. I definately wave.

Old 07-02-2009, 09:07 PM

I drive an H3. Sometimes I wave, sometimes I don't. I've never gotten a return wave. It was a little odd at first, because I had been driving a GTO for 4 years before I got my H3 and I always got a wave. It's probably the 'it's just a cheap SUV' thing - nothing special like an H1 or an H2. I don't worry about it anymore. I enjoy my H3, and that's really all that counts.

Old 07-02-2009, 09:58 PM
Super Moderator

I wave. Many other Hummer owners will look at the H1 but don't notice me to wave back.

Old 07-02-2009, 11:27 PM

Welcome to the forum, I WAVE!!!!

Quick Reply: Are HUMMER owners subposed to wave @ each other?