PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Hummer Motorized Side Steps

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 09:54 AM
Default RE: Hummer Motorized Side Steps

just remember, if you're grazing the clearance bar.... GO SLOW.

Old 11-19-2007, 03:56 PM

These go on in place of your rocker protection, so as clearance goes, it's like having no steps at all. However, you lose thoseHEAVY (anyone who's every removed these knows what I'm talking about) duty rock rails. They're good for the everyday user to may want to hop the occasional curb to get out of a traffic jam, or for the cool factor when your friends get in the car. If you're going to be doing rock crawling, or anything where you might come down hard on that area, probably better to stay with the strong rock rails -- they're designed to take a lot of the vehicles weight --the steps are not. I had these ona truck for about 5 months and I liked 'em.

Old 11-19-2007, 10:27 PM

ORIGINAL: Hummer Guy

These go on in place of your rocker protection, so as clearance goes, it's like having no steps at all. However, you lose thoseHEAVY (anyone who's every removed these knows what I'm talking about) duty rock rails. They're good for the everyday user to may want to hop the occasional curb to get out of a traffic jam, or for the cool factor when your friends get in the car. If you're going to be doing rock crawling, or anything where you might come down hard on that area, probably better to stay with the strong rock rails -- they're designed to take a lot of the vehicles weight --the steps are not. I had these ona truck for about 5 months and I liked 'em.
Sounds Like ME!!!!

Old 11-20-2007, 08:50 AM

ORIGINAL: HummBob

ORIGINAL: Hummer Guy

Sounds Like ME!!!!
But if it's lowered enough, you don't need steps...

Old 11-20-2007, 09:36 AM

Those Rock Rails are heavy duty, they weigh 50 lbs each and are made to take the damage, the powersteps would get ripped up on the first rock you hit.

Old 11-20-2007, 09:55 AM

but they do dent and flatten out a bit - rather that than the bottom of the door though . . . . . . easy touch up with spray on bedliner too, try that with your side steps . . . . . .

Old 11-20-2007, 03:22 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Trey124

Those Rock Rails are heavy duty, they weigh 50 lbs each and are made to take the damage, the powersteps would get ripped up on the first rock you hit.
They sure are... I remember putting yours on all by myself.....

but that is still alleged... since you NEVER posted any pictures....