PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

hummer H3 x. I love it. But won’t start Al the time

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2022, 01:15 PM
Default hummer H3 x. I love it. But won’t start Al the time

hello and thanks for any help you can give me. First of all. I am very green when it comes to anything involving an automobile and fine know a lot but enough. I recently acquired a 2008 H3 X Hummer. It’s Beautiful. But one problem. Here is the scenario. The thing will start right up if it’s been sitting for a while no problems. After a tenure drive of 10 minutes or longer , the car will not start. The security light stays on solid red along with the check engine light. And it will stay on like this until it randomly wants to start again. After reading a couple threads. I have now gotten this beast to start after a tenured drive of 45 minutes by swapping out the fuse relay switch on the engine fuse box. So far , I have down this twice with a different fuse every time ,and it starts. While I was trying to start this truck yesterday and waiting before I realized to swap out the fuses. In the auxiliary on positio. The voltage is fluctuating because I have a super car charger that displays the voltage on it and it was going up and down , but when the car was not having Any issues or was running the colts we’re not fluctuation This could be totally random but I thought I’d mention it. It’s not a passlock issue because that security light is not blinking which I didn’t know at first because a relearn does nothing for this issue. What would cause the fuel relay to get tripped to not work after the truck is running for some time but swap it out and it will work to turn in the pump and I can drive. Has anyone experienced this and is so what is my next step in diagnosing the problem here and how do I do it.

thanks so much and I hope my post makes sense.