PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Hummer H3 Ignition Key Chip/Transponder

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2014, 01:40 PM
Default H3 ignition key cloning

Hi Guys, I'm new to Hummers and have just bought a 09 H3T.

I live in Qatar but don't suspect that anything should be any different over here than anywhere else.

I've bought a chipped blank from the dealer and got it cut.

It fits the ignition great and activates the ignition fine but will not start the motor.

If I put the original key in and start the truck then switch off and use the new one it will start fine but has the flashing red door & padlock symbol on the dash which indicates that the transponder chip isn't being detected, I can only assume that if I use the new key straight after taking the original one out it keeps the code for a few seconds thereby allowing the new key to start the truck.

I've had many cars and cloned the chips by doing a sequence of things with the keys to clone the chip to the car.

Does anyone know how it's done with the H3?

Old 06-11-2014, 02:15 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Pharte
Hi Guys, I'm new to Hummers and have just bought a 09 H3T.

I live in Qatar but don't suspect that anything should be any different over here than anywhere else.

I've bought a chipped blank from the dealer and got it cut.

It fits the ignition great and activates the ignition fine but will not start the motor.

If I put the original key in and start the truck then switch off and use the new one it will start fine but has the flashing red door & padlock symbol on the dash which indicates that the transponder chip isn't being detected, I can only assume that if I use the new key straight after taking the original one out it keeps the code for a few seconds thereby allowing the new key to start the truck.

I've had many cars and cloned the chips by doing a sequence of things with the keys to clone the chip to the car.

Does anyone know how it's done with the H3?
We can tell you are new because you dug up a 3 year old thread.

You are having a passlock issue with your new key. SEARCH GM passlock and there is a ton of info that will answer your questions.

Old 06-12-2014, 01:17 PM

I have an 09, no chip. I just went to Walmart and the guy made me one.