PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Hummer h3 center caps

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Gomer
My caps were the chrome ones. I got a set from GM parts direct but I have not received them yet. They cost about $266 with shipping which was like $50. A rip off I know, but as I said insurance will be footing the bill as my deductible is only $50. Only thing that scares me is they did not have a picture however the part number matches the chrome ones so keeping my fingers crossed they are honest and send the correct ones. I'll let ya know what I get. Now I just have try and find a way to keep this from happening again. Only solution I can think of is to remove them at night but what a pain that will be. Dam lowlife scum. Oh well......
How much.. Check out CapLoc locking system..

Old 02-19-2014, 04:49 PM

$266 with shipping. I didn't see the cap lock system but I will take another look. Good news is insurance already paid the claim so technically they only cost me $50. Glad for that. I don't know about other insurance companies but Triple A in my book is the best!

Old 02-19-2014, 05:09 PM

Hummerz. Thank you I found the caploc system online and it looks interesting. Not sure how they would look with a hole drilled in them but it looks interesting. If I do get them I just hope the scumbag does not get pissed and just stomps on them but the again he would not get his reward. I will definitely check them out as my only alternative at this point is to remove them at night. Thanks for finding those, I had no clue they existed! Your awesome!

Old 02-19-2014, 05:44 PM

Hummerz. Thank you I found the caploc system online and it looks interesting. Not sure how they would look with a hole drilled in them but it looks interesting. If I do get them I just hope the scumbag does not get pissed and just stomps on them but the again he would not get his reward. I will definitely check them out as my only alternative at this point is to remove them at night. Thanks for finding those, I had no clue they existed! Your awesome!
That's what I'm thinking, clean caps make this scumbag money, not gonna happen if you lock them on. That little lock, looks much better than no caps.

Old 02-19-2014, 06:58 PM

I agree and just ordered a set. I figure I can always paint the screw chrome to match. It will be funny cuz when the scumbag comes back thinking he has another easy take he'll be in for a surprise. Too bad I can't mount a high pitch alarm device to them as well that would be even more funny! I wish I had the time to stake out my car but my kid is going thru chemo treatments so I've been in the hospital a lot the last 4 months. Thanks again hummerz I'll let you and the rest know how it goes after I get them installed. Might be a while though. I'll try to post some Picts too if I can figure it out.

Old 02-19-2014, 07:40 PM

I agree and just ordered a set. I figure I can always paint the screw chrome to match. It will be funny cuz when the scumbag comes back thinking he has another easy take he'll be in for a surprise. Too bad I can't mount a high pitch alarm device to them as well that would be even more funny! I wish I had the time to stake out my car but my kid is going thru chemo treatments so I've been in the hospital a lot the last 4 months. Thanks again hummerz I'll let you and the rest know how it goes after I get them installed. Might be a while though. I'll try to post some Picts too if I can figure it out.
First, and most important, take care of your child! I hope everything works out with you and your family, after that, take care of your H3 . GL

Old 02-19-2014, 11:22 PM

He's on his last cycle of chemo as I write this so all is good. Thanks.

Old 02-20-2014, 07:44 AM

They are silver..not chrome..The arm can be painted black with Krylon in 10 minutes. ..They are like new..$100.00 and I'll pay shipping...

Old 02-20-2014, 06:51 PM

I just found a yt vid on used H3 caps, think about it, where do they get those from?

Brittany is not going to be able to restore your locking caps to, "factory original condition" lol

I'm thinking the best place to secure the locks, is on the H, closest to center (wont affect balance and should be more unnoticeable, as opposed to installing them on the edge of the cap). You will have to find out if the cables will reach, and the locks are long enough to penetrate that area to secure. I like the concept, slide the cable through the lock, install the cap, then tighten the lock, which holds it tight to the rim. GL

Last edited by hummerz; 02-20-2014 at 06:57 PM.
Old 02-20-2014, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by ozark1
They are silver..not chrome..The arm can be painted black with Krylon in 10 minutes. ..They are like new..$100.00 and I'll pay shipping...
Doh....
I can paint mine.... I was thinking they are "special", like me who should be taking the short bus for not thinking about painting mine

Thanks ozark1

Quick Reply: Hummer h3 center caps