PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Hummer h3 center caps

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2014, 03:35 PM
Default Hummer h3 center caps

Hi guys, well got my new tires on Friday, but then come out to the hummer this morning and some fn lowlife piece of crap stole all 4 of my center caps last night. This is the second time in 2 years. Last time they only stole 2. Do any of you know of any locking caps or what I can try to do to prevent this a third time? I'm filing a police report this time and my insurance with reimburse minus my deductible of course. Any ideas would be most appreciated. Since they were the chrome kind that said hummer on them looks like I'm out about $200 minus what insurance will pay. I swear I don't know why some people in this world have to suck low life's as to steel fn center caps. Got to love this world. Anyway again any ideas most appreciated. Thx.

Last edited by Gomer; 02-16-2014 at 03:37 PM.
Old 02-16-2014, 05:19 PM

Sorry to hear what happened. Had ours stolen while parked at a train station a few months ago. Only and first time parking at the station in 7 years and they get stolen. I was able to find some OEM ones, that say HUMMER, on eBay for $100 for all four that were chrome. Store happened to be fairly local so probably just purchased my own caps. Caps were in perfect condition just like mine.

Old 02-16-2014, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Gomer
Hi guys, well got my new tires on Friday, but then come out to the hummer this morning and some fn lowlife piece of crap stole all 4 of my center caps last night. This is the second time in 2 years. Last time they only stole 2. Do any of you know of any locking caps or what I can try to do to prevent this a third time? I'm filing a police report this time and my insurance with reimburse minus my deductible of course. Any ideas would be most appreciated. Since they were the chrome kind that said hummer on them looks like I'm out about $200 minus what insurance will pay. I swear I don't know why some people in this world have to suck low life's as to steel fn center caps. Got to love this world. Anyway again any ideas most appreciated. Thx.
Sorry about your loss.. Someone jealous of your ride? Common problem in your neighborhood? If so, check out your local hubcap retail shop, you may find your caps cheap. I haven't seen any locking h3 caps, however if mine got stolen, I would mod them to prevent theft. GL

Old 02-18-2014, 08:21 AM

I have a set of 4 silver caps that I took off my H3 years ago.Let me know if you can use them..They would be cheap..Jerry...870-847-5771...

Old 02-18-2014, 07:58 PM

Ozark1
Are these chrome or colored?

Old 02-18-2014, 08:03 PM

Ozark1

Old 02-18-2014, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by atari800
Ozark1
I'm a betting man, and I'm betting, silver is NOT chrome.

Old 02-19-2014, 07:30 AM

The caps are silver colored..Not the chrome ones..They are like new..j..

Old 02-19-2014, 10:18 AM

My caps were the chrome ones. I got a set from GM parts direct but I have not received them yet. They cost about $266 with shipping which was like $50. A rip off I know, but as I said insurance will be footing the bill as my deductible is only $50. Only thing that scares me is they did not have a picture however the part number matches the chrome ones so keeping my fingers crossed they are honest and send the correct ones. I'll let ya know what I get. Now I just have try and find a way to keep this from happening again. Only solution I can think of is to remove them at night but what a pain that will be. Dam lowlife scum. Oh well......

Old 02-19-2014, 10:39 AM

Ozark1
Are they silver with the "black arm"?

Quick Reply: Hummer h3 center caps