PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Hummer H3 in australia and installing HID

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 09:10 AM
Smile Hummer H3 in australia and installing HID

Hi Everyone. I am new to the Hummer forum and I recently purchased a Hummer H3 2008. I live in australia and I ordered HID H13 Bi xenon and H10 HID for my fog lights.

While trying to install the H13 i found that they do not fit into the bracket at all and the installation manual states to twist the bulb out however there is a clip that actually holds it in. Furthermore the bulb doesn't look like an H13, it actually seems to resemble an H4 bulb because it has 3 prongs in the back. I have a feeling that the Australian Hummer H3 is not the same as the american.

I was wondering if anyone knows if the bulbs are different in the Australian version of the Hummer H3. Does anyone have any solutions for installing the bulb since it doesnt twist in. Furthermore, I have seen alot of posts about people installing HID for their fog lights but how do I get access to the fogs. Should I remove the front grill? or go throught the wheel well? Thanks.

Old 01-07-2010, 04:12 AM
Smile Hid

Originally Posted by ycchow100
Hi Everyone. I am new to the Hummer forum and I recently purchased a Hummer H3 2008. I live in australia and I ordered HID H13 Bi xenon and H10 HID for my fog lights.

While trying to install the H13 i found that they do not fit into the bracket at all and the installation manual states to twist the bulb out however there is a clip that actually holds it in. Furthermore the bulb doesn't look like an H13, it actually seems to resemble an H4 bulb because it has 3 prongs in the back. I have a feeling that the Australian Hummer H3 is not the same as the american.

I was wondering if anyone knows if the bulbs are different in the Australian version of the Hummer H3. Does anyone have any solutions for installing the bulb since it doesnt twist in. Furthermore, I have seen alot of posts about people installing HID for their fog lights but how do I get access to the fogs. Should I remove the front grill? or go throught the wheel well? Thanks.

HI ycchow

I have just purchased H3 made in US, and also bought HID light c/w ballast. I haven;t really figure out about the installation yet, when u installed your HID did you remove the front grill ? Was installation easy for u? I am attempting to do it tomorrow. Any tips or instruction will be helpful, cheers!

Rgds
Jeffers