PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

hummer h2 instruction manual

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 03:12 PM
Default hummer h2 instruction manual

where can i download one for a 2004 h2 intruction manual.

I never got one with my truck

Old 01-24-2007, 03:16 PM
Default RE: hummer h2 instruction manual

The long of the short of the instructions are as follows ....

Step 1. Insert key in to ignition, turn clockwise until truck starts
Step 2. Depending on orientation, put truck in D or R.
Step 3. Apply appropriate preasure on accelerator pedal
Step 4. Ensure adequate fuel quantities, if enough proceed to destination, if not proceed to step 5
Step 5. Locate closest refueling station and replenish supply, the start over from Step 1.

hehehehehe ... In all seriousness though ... Contact your dealer and have them ship out an owners manual for you. They should not have to have you come inand pick it up .. they drop shipped mine at my dealership.

Old 01-24-2007, 03:22 PM

i like that. now that's funny. so whats new man. there has tobe soe place where i can download one

trying to figure out what the buttons do in the the 4x4 buttons with back axle x out

Old 01-24-2007, 03:27 PM

Here is a link that may help...

http://www.elcova.com/h2/2k04hummer.pdf

Old 01-24-2007, 03:28 PM

http://www.e l c o v a.com/h2/2k04hummer.pdf

Do not put the spaces in the e l c o v a ...damn filters

Old 01-24-2007, 03:29 PM

after following the steps above, here's a few extra tips that you may find useful

4hi to 4hi lock (60-40 ratio to 50-50 ratio) can be changed while in motion, but you should be doing less than 40 mph (i try to make sure i'm never doing more than 25)
4hi or 4hi lock to 4lo - you need to be in neutral to make that change. this is also the only time you can engage the rear locker, but that will disengage once you exceed a certain speed limit. it shouldn't, and it could just be my truck, but it happens.
you have a high probablility of rolling on your side if you exceed a 33 degree side slope
you can safely traverse a 16" wall as long as the ground on the other side is level with the wall, and your suspension and tire size are stock or larger. don't try it with a lowered truck and/or lo-pro tires.
don't try to turn your front wheels when one is resting against a solid object (boulder, curb, etc.), the tie rod has a tendency to go TU on you

Old 01-24-2007, 03:32 PM

Hmmm .. wouldn't happen to havea link for the -03, Little Monster!? I of course tried the obvious already but ... Or if someone knows at the top of their head what the load rating is for the rear tow hooks on the H2, that would work too :-) My buddy's Subaru is stuck with a capital S and since I don't have a tow ball/hitch .... Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread guys.

Old 01-24-2007, 04:05 PM

you'll have no problem using the rear tow hooks to pull out a subaru. i've used mine to anchor an H1 that was pulling out another H1, and to tow an H1 with a broken transmission. they're at least rated to the weight of the H2.

Old 01-24-2007, 04:09 PM

I kind of figured they would be but the last thing I want to do is to assume and then have to load up parts of my rear bumper in the back LOL!
Thanks for the info shorty, I'll pull his *** out of the snow this afternoon! You would think with snow in the forecast you'd take off those summer tires but nooooooo .. then the plow truck that did the parking lot buried his cartoo LOL!

Old 01-24-2007, 04:14 PM

the manual doesn't give a load rating on them anyway, i have it here next to me. the only thing is says is that they're there so you can be pulled out when stuck, which means they can handle the weight of the H2, and not to pull on the front onessideways.

since i have the manual out, what other questions do you have?

Quick Reply: hummer h2 instruction manual