PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Hummer H2 Hydrogen Dry Cell System

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 09:40 AM
Default Hummer H2 Hydrogen Dry Cell System

Hi Guys,

I'm new to this forum since I'm thinking of buying a 2006 Hummer H2. I know the MPG on these Hummers are not all that great because of its weight (8600Lbs) and the 4 speed transmission.

I've been doing some research on Hydrogen dry cell, combined with the KZX 1250 Modulator. Is any one on this forum running this set up ??

Take a look at the link below. This guy has a Hydrogen dry cell system in his 2007 Hummer and is geting 19.3 MPG.

Old 02-20-2013, 08:35 PM

Ok ... You got my attention .... Very interested to know more about this set up ...
The guy did by himself at least thats what a comment said ...

Post if you find more info

Old 02-20-2013, 10:34 PM

FYI hummers do not weigh 8400 lbs. They weigh 6400 lbs.

Old 02-27-2013, 10:31 PM

Looks interesting I wonder how well this system actually works.

Old 02-28-2013, 12:01 AM

There are a couple kits out there like this. None will produce enough hydrogen to make any difference. The theory is a good, but not currently practically possible.

In the first video he is probably driving normally or up a hill with the average econ reset, which will essentially make it instant econ. In the "switch on" video he has reset the average econ again, but this time he is going down hill and using less throttle to maintain the 60mph. Notice how the difference is shown in two separate videos when it just takes the flip of a switch to turn it on, and in both videos you can not see the RPMs or the road conditions...

If you want to try it for yourself, next time you are driving down a hill switch to the average econ mode in the display and hold the reset button (looks like a return arrow on a computer keyboard) for a few seconds on the steering wheel and watch the new average econ. I have used this to trick a few of my friends when they ridicule my poor gas millage too much.

Ross

Old 02-28-2013, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by rsmith77
There are a couple kits out there like this. None will produce enough hydrogen to make any difference. The theory is a good, but not currently practically possible.

In the first video he is probably driving normally or up a hill with the average econ reset, which will essentially make it instant econ. In the "switch on" video he has reset the average econ again, but this time he is going down hill and using less throttle to maintain the 60mph. Notice how the difference is shown in two separate videos when it just takes the flip of a switch to turn it on, and in both videos you can not see the RPMs or the road conditions...

If you want to try it for yourself, next time you are driving down a hill switch to the average econ mode in the display and hold the reset button (looks like a return arrow on a computer keyboard) for a few seconds on the steering wheel and watch the new average econ. I have used this to trick a few of my friends when they ridicule my poor gas millage too much.

Ross

Ross, take a look at this video. Is this guy doing what you described with the reset average econ? I don't own a H2 yet but am considering buying one, if for some reason I could increase my gas mileage by CHIPS or THIS HYDROGEN HHO. Take a look..

Old 02-28-2013, 07:27 PM

Looks like it to me. If the hydrogen generator thing really worked don't you think the big auto manufacturers would be putting it in all new cars?

Sorry, I'm not impressed. But if you get one and get it to work I will eat my words.

Bottom line, if you are concerned about fuel economy, a Hummer may not be right for you. Search this forum for some of the MPG threads and you will see the usual range for the H2.

Ross

Old 03-01-2013, 06:41 AM

What's a fair price for this 2006 H2 Hummer that's selling for 32K.
It has 28,755 Miles and in show room condition new tires.
I was thinking 28k ??

2006 HUMMER H2 SUV-LOW-LOW- KMS - Mississauga / Peel Region Cars For Sale - Kijiji Mississauga / Peel Region Canada.

Old 03-02-2013, 01:54 PM

Bottom line is, nobody buys an H2 for their awesome fuel economy. I've yet to see 9 mpg myself but it's, bar none, the absolute coolest thing I've ever owned and makes me damn near giggle every time I drive it or even look at it! And, as a man about to be 42 yrs old, I've owned a sh*t ton of really cool vehicles (literally like 25+ different ones at this point) from old school muscle cars to 40" tire'd wheelers so... Let's just say I've always been biased towards bitchin ride versus practicality. I've already decided this is one I'll never sell, and that's sayin somethin for me! Only other thing I've gotten this attached to that's even in the same ball park, cool-wise, is my 64 baja'd v-dub. Talk about lack of practicality, drove that little s o b as my only means of transport for 2+ years with a super finicky carb/ignition setup, not to mention the brakes (or lack thereof) and no heat whatsoever. Nothin like drivin in the snow with your coveralls and a hat on with the window down so you can exhale without icing the inside of the windshield! Just sayin this is a beast ya buy for it's awesome factor and not much else. Short of the mileage tho, it is the most practical vehicle I've owned in quite some time! For the record, the baja is sittin in the driveway waiting on some more love ($$) while my dining room has multiple boxes of parts decorating it... Can you say redneck?

Old 05-13-2013, 04:06 PM

I agree that most of us don't get a Hummer with MPG in mind but if I can install a nearly maintenance-free system into mine that gives it 30% to 50% more mileage, I'm all for it.

I've read all the pros and cons by those who think it will or won't work but for me the only way to find out for sure was to do it myself.

So I installed an HHO (oxyhydrogen) generator in my H3 and am just now beginning to test it out to see if it works.

I do know at this point the generator is producing HHO and it is going into the engine.

The first tank of gas saw no increase in mileage but when it comes to dealing with the computer, the company I bought the kit from recommends that you disconnect the battery and "reset" the computer so that it will accept the HHO.

I did this but I'm skeptical that this procedure works and maybe this is why I have not seen gains yet.

I think the last several hundred or so ignition cycles are probably kept in some sort of flash memory so unhooking the battery will not clear them and the computer is still compensating for the HHO being added into the air/fuel mixture.

The H3 definitely seems to run strong with HHO, but no gains in mileage, yet.

I've ordered the Volo HHO module that is supposedly designed for this very thing.

I think this is my missing key.

I'm anxious to determine one way or another if this really works or not and I'd love to talk with anyone who has actually installed it into their vehicle.

Quick Reply: Hummer H2 Hydrogen Dry Cell System