PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Hummer H2 Envy by Jeepster guys...

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 04:57 PM
Default Hummer H2 Envy by Jeepster guys...

It seems alof of guys on other forums (Not car related forums) are very sensitive about their Jeeps, and somehow they feel the need to pick on H2's (somehow implying that their jeeps are much better for some reason). I dont get this attitude with people in person, just on the internet(the net brings out lots of bad in good people, anonimity helps this). Jeeps are sh!tboxes, and I would never own one..(some hot rodded rockcrawler jeeps are OK, but they arent really jeeps anymore...Kinda like calling a funny car a Mustang,lol).

anyone else??

Old 06-23-2007, 05:15 PM
Default RE: Hummer H2 Envy by Jeepster guys...

It's true a lot of jeep owners (especially on the Internet) have some "strong feelings"toward Hummers. But your own attitude toward Jeeps ("Sh!tboxes") just mirrors what they are doing. Jeep has a long and varied history, and like Hummers, a fairly avid and proud ownership. As in any vehicle line thats been around so long, and has so many out there, they have their good and "bad" models. I would hardly call Jeeps Sh!tboxes, but also would not say they are better than a Hummer. Each modelhas strengths and weaknesses, and has to be taken for what it is. It is true that some Jeep owners think the Hummer is a "Jeep rip off" or have some "Hummer envy" happening, but overall, people want to feel proud of their vehicle. Some people just like to talk others down, and there's no point in this. I've never owned a Jeep, but know people who do, and they love them. I think our Hummer is great, and share in the enthusiasm of all car owners who love their vehicles.

My .02

Old 06-23-2007, 05:57 PM

Jeeps are an overpriced bucket of nuts and bolts..nothing real creative or plush..and they command such a high price still....Oh well..to each their own..

Old 06-24-2007, 09:15 AM

The only reason I call em ****boxes is they are a chrysler product... I used to be all Mopar, racing old Muscle cars, and mopar was all I would do...I had a 96 Ram pickup, and that thing just fell apart at year 7 on..I had it 11 years, and got real tired broke stuff, etc....Now some old Mid 70's Cherokees would be OK to tinker with(if you like to build up your rides)...

Old 06-24-2007, 01:13 PM

I get it all the time on my Offroading videos all kinds of jeepers think they can out perform my H1. Basically talking saying why dont you see Hummers in professional rock crawling competitions so I told em same reason you dont see jeeps because they are not bad for that all pro rock crawlers are tube buggy's sure they might have some jeep body panels but doesnt mean they are a jeep. That shut them up about that, than I got others saying they can build a monster of a jeep that my H1 would be scared to follow, I told them I have wheeled with many monster jeeps and followed them no problem but I know I could build my H1 into such a monster that the baby monster jeep wouldnt want to follow than they complain about how its not fair because I would be spending more money than them etc etc. Than I said is it really far to compare a highly modified vehicle to a stock vehicle? they didnt like that comment at all. So then they resorted to just named calling which really put a smile on my face knowing I was really getting to them.
But yea I never had any comments from jeepers face to face about my H1. All the jeepers that I wheeled with were happy to see me wheel and surprised what I would do to my rig and what it could do.

Old 06-24-2007, 01:16 PM

BTW I was once a jeep owner and in my opinion the only vehicle better than the jeep was the H1 but I guess thats why I did an UPGRADE... lol, but I do intend to get a jeep again just so I can wheel the hell out of it and not worry about it rolling or getting carried down the river etc.

Old 06-24-2007, 03:32 PM

Yeah....Stock VS stock is the best way to force the Issue with these guys...If they can compare a highlt modded "Jeep" to a stock H2, then I can modify my junk too,lol...They never think of that though.

Old 06-25-2007, 08:17 AM
Super Moderator

The real issue to me is wannabe's living vicariously through the true wheelers. I passed 2 Jeeps coming home yesterday that both gave me huge thumbs up.... all of us covered in mud top to bottom.

Couple that with the loser in the Hemi that cut off our convoy and then brake checked me.... BTW... a hemi jeep ain't ****.... I was running a 24psi airdown and still caught, passed, and gave him the bird.

Old 06-25-2007, 09:24 AM

You go man!..music to my eyes..

Old 06-28-2007, 09:11 AM

I have people yell at me quite often as I drive by saying Hummers Suck and all sorts of things.... Some even appear to be pissed off simply because I drive a Hummer... I don't know why it pisses them off but it does. One man screamed at me while I passed a gas station about 2 weeks ago and called me a gas hog. I turned around and asked him if he was the one paying for my gas? He said no, but that Hummers use too much gas and it raises the gas price for everyone.. I just informed him that he was full of **** and that as long as I can pay for my own gas - what I drive is none of his concern. Then I flipped him off as I exited the gas station....

Quick Reply: Hummer H2 Envy by Jeepster guys...