PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Hummer fire sale?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 02:14 PM
Default Hummer fire sale?

Anyone think it will happen? Was just talking with a buddy and he heard on the news that local dealers to him are having a big "fire sale" and they are selling 2009 SRT8's for $19,900 as a nice "F*CK YOU" to Chrysler. Will this happen with Hummer?

Old 05-18-2009, 06:08 PM

I wonder if that is true about the Crysler dealerships that are closing in general though???? I'd by a new H2 for half off! In a heartbeat.

Old 05-18-2009, 06:30 PM

It depends on what models will be discontinued.

It's a bit complicated but Hummer is more likely to be sold [reports on other forums indicate that the hummer sale has moved past the Intention to buy phase and should be concluded this week] or control reverted back to AM General corporation.

Most of the Hummer dealers that wanted out are gone, other dealers have indicated that they want to stick with the new owner, and are merging their hummer only facilities into existing dealerships or downsizing their expenses. Jim Lynch of Lynch Hummer has indicated he was moving his dealership back to his old plain jane showroom and will continue vehicle support. He's dumping the extravagant new showroom and test track he built for the GM regime.

Hummer needs to get resolved before GM goes bankrupt/reorganizes.

So everything is in a holding pattern until the sale/ownership issue is resolved.

Old 05-18-2009, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by GAME
Anyone think it will happen? Was just talking with a buddy and he heard on the news that local dealers to him are having a big "fire sale" and they are selling 2009 SRT8's for $19,900 as a nice "F*CK YOU" to Chrysler. Will this happen with Hummer?
The dealership owns the vehicles once they hit the lot, not Chrysler. The only thing they'd be saying F.U. to would be their own bottom line.

I predict HUMMER values will stay steady. HUMMER will be bought by another company and 2010 models will be produced. The only big hit in Value that HUMMER has ever had was when high gas prices dropped the wholesale price of everything that got less than 30mpg - then it shot back up in the last 5 months.

Old 05-18-2009, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Hummer Guy
The dealership owns the vehicles once they hit the lot, not Chrysler.
Thats not true.

Old 05-18-2009, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by game
thats not true.
ok...

Old 05-18-2009, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by GAME
Thats not true.
Then why is Chrysler refusing to buy them back?

Old 05-19-2009, 12:14 AM

The dealership owns the vehicles once they hit the lot, not Chrysler.
FALSE, Not true at all.

Depending on the deal the dealership has with Chrysler they have 30, 60 or 90 days to "pay off" each vehicle at Chrysler/dealer invoice price. The reason some dealers are having fire sales is that they will sell the vehicles for a loss, then after they claim to be bankrupt. Chrysler (a creditor) can only collect pennies on the dollar. They figure that if Chrysler can F^(& them and kick themout of the distribution network with going bankrupt, why not use their own methods right back on them.

This is from an owner of a Chrysler/Jeep dealer I am friends with.

Last edited by TAINTER; 05-19-2009 at 12:18 AM.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by TAINTER
FALSE, Not true at all.

Depending on the deal the dealership has with Chrysler they have 30, 60 or 90 days to "pay off" each vehicle at Chrysler/dealer invoice price. The reason some dealers are having fire sales is that they will sell the vehicles for a loss, then after they claim to be bankrupt. Chrysler (a creditor) can only collect pennies on the dollar. They figure that if Chrysler can F^(& them and kick themout of the distribution network with going bankrupt, why not use their own methods right back on them.

This is from an owner of a Chrysler/Jeep dealer I am friends with.
All that is a line of credit. If you buy something on your credit card and have 30 days to pay it, is it not yours? Are you not ultimately responsible for it?

Minimizing your profit and forcing your own dealership to file bankruptcy just to spite Chrysler seems boneheaded to me, and I can't imagine anyone with integrity doing it.

Old 05-19-2009, 09:34 AM

All that is a line of credit. If you buy something on your credit card and have 30 days to pay it, is it not yours? Are you not ultimately responsible for it?
You finance your home, auto or anything else. YOU DON'T OWN IT! The bank or lending institution OWNS it.

Minimizing your profit and forcing your own dealership to file bankruptcy just to spite Chrysler seems boneheaded to me, and I can't imagine anyone with integrity doing it.
I never said that is what he is doing, I just said that is what other dealerships he knows the owners of are doing. Besides, if they are going to retire they have nothing to lose! When you have to "close" your dealership and "get rid" of your inventory by May 7th of 2009 (less tahn 2 weeks). Might as well get every penny you can for the vehicles you have. Other dealers still in business already have to much inventory and are not going to buy your inventory.

"Integrity", yeah great word. But just a word when you think that Chrysler can put a dealership that is in the top 20 in the country in sales, top 5% in customer satisfaction and a third generation dealership! Oh yeah, and the competing dealer who got to keep their franchise is in the lower 200 in sales, terrible customer service rating, hasen't remodeled the dealership in 25 years..... but he is a personal friend and financial backer of B.O.? Yeah, lets talk about "Integrity", great word to throw around when you are not getting the shaft!

Last edited by TAINTER; 05-19-2009 at 09:37 AM.

Quick Reply: Hummer fire sale?