PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Hummer Facts

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 07:38 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Hummer Facts

I drove home from Southern Maryland last year and a 4 hour drive took well over 6 1/2.... during the trip I even crossed the Delaware Memorial Bridgesideways for at least an 1/8 of a mile and just knew I was going to total my work van....

I got home had dinner and needed to run out... jumped in the Deuce and never even thought about the road... felt like a summer day.

Old 05-17-2008, 08:15 AM

Here's some other Hummer facts:
[ul][*]Everyone you know or meet will ask you what kind of MPG you get.[*]People will assume that you are rich, in debt up to your eyeballs, or you sell drugs on the side to finance your Hummer.[*]Everytime you are working on the Hummer in your driveway adding the next mod, your neighbors will assume that you are broke down. I've had my neighbors tell me that for a new vehlicle, the Hummer sure breaks down a lot, when I'm really just tinkering with a new mod. [*]When you wave at another Hummer owner:
[ul][*]20% wave back[*]20% look at you with disgust because of your mods[*]30% are soccer moms on the cell phone oblivious to everyone around them[*]20% never make the connection that you drive the same make as them[*]10% never notice that you waved because of the short windows and dark tinting[/ul][*]You will pay 400% markup on any accessory specifically designated for Hummers[/ul]

Old 05-17-2008, 09:23 AM
Super Moderator

Old 05-17-2008, 10:53 AM

ORIGINAL: AZDutchman

ORIGINAL: Hummergirl4

ORIGINAL: KS Trekker

ORIGINAL: OnAll4s

You can no longer take the day off from work and use "I can't make it in, too much snow" or road conditions as an excuse. (same can apply going to your Mother-in-Laws for dinner)
Man, this is sooooo true! My co-workers always bring up the fact that I own a go-anywhere-all-wheel-drive vehicle when it snows. My response is, "It's not me I'm worried about, it's all the people on the roads that don't have Hummers that will slide into me!" Seriously though, the H3 with the stock Bridgestones is by far the BEST vehicle I have ever had the luxury of driving in snow and ice with! You have to disable the stabil-track to even have some fun in the parking lot, 'cause this thing just won't slide! Wherever you point the steering wheel, that's where it goes. My 35" MT/Rs aren't quite as good on ice, but it does okay. Better than a minivan, that's for sure!
I hear ya. I haven't been able to get Humzilla to slide, even in the worst of weather
That's a good thing right? LOL
Oh absolutely! But sometimes a little slippage can be fun..hahahhaha

Old 05-17-2008, 11:08 AM
Super Moderator

Trekker you are dead on.

Old 05-17-2008, 09:16 PM

Hummergirl, that just didn't sound right.. Or maybe it did

Old 05-21-2008, 02:51 AM

Sounds GOOD TO ME!!!!!

Old 06-01-2008, 12:17 AM

There is a high probability that you will be flipped off once a month or so, usually by someone driving a Prius covered will Obama or Hillary stickers.

Anyone driving a Jeep will tell you how much better Jeeps are offroad than the Hummer. (If it's been lifted and has somebetter tires, and some horsepower mods )

Old 06-01-2008, 12:46 AM
Super Moderator

Rob here in good old SoCal we have a lot more Prius, Obama and Hillary supporters than many places. Hard for a guy like me to tolerate all these weird thinking types.

Old 06-01-2008, 02:55 AM

ORIGINAL: KS Trekker

Here's some other Hummer facts:
[ul][*]Everyone you know or meet will ask you what kind of MPG you get.[*]People will assume that you are rich, in debt up to your eyeballs, or you sell drugs on the side to finance your Hummer.[*]Everytime you are working on the Hummer in your driveway adding the next mod, your neighbors will assume that you are broke down. I've had my neighbors tell me that for a new vehlicle, the Hummer sure breaks down a lot, when I'm really just tinkering with a new mod. [*]When you wave at another Hummer owner:
[ul][*]20% wave back[*]20% look at you with disgust because of your mods[*]30% are soccer moms on the cell phone oblivious to everyone around them[*]20% never make the connection that you drive the same make as them[*]10% never notice that you waved because of the short windows and dark tinting[/ul][*]You will pay 400% markup on any accessory specifically designated for Hummers[/ul]

THAT LIST IS AWESOME!!!!!

Quick Reply: Hummer Facts