PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Hummer exploring Germany

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 11:37 PM
Default RE: Hummer exploring Germany

Thank you for all your posts!

First of all, yes it's built in the US. But it has the changes you need for the German administration. These are: Yellow blinkers no red, no yellow lights steady on while driving, arear fog light and because you have your backup lights there where I have the blinkers now I need a extra backup light added. These are the main changes I guess. I bought it at Kroymans with a 4 year warranty.

Old 01-07-2008, 11:45 PM

The distance to the US makes it easy for me to resist against modifications on our Hummer. There are nearly no parts available on the german aftermarket and the shipment from the US is expensive. I bought 55$ only shipment for the transport of all weather floor mats now. The only mods we made are interior audio and video system and parking sensors back and front. The exterior parts like the step bars and the fuel door were still on it. The only advantage I have is the really cheap dollar for me now. So I could think about some mods.

Old 01-08-2008, 01:30 AM

ORIGINAL: General

First of all, yes it's built in the US. But it has the changes you need for the German administration. These are: Yellow blinkers no red, no yellow lights steady on while driving, a rear fog light and because you have your backup lights there where I have the blinkers now I need a extra backup light added. These are the main changes I guess. I bought it at Kroymans with a 4 year warranty.
I have these same sort of mods.

For the rear, my red blinkers were disabled, my reverse lights are now amber turn indicators, and I have a dangling single reverse light and a dangling red fog light. The danglers are KCs which take the H3 55w and 35w bulbs. I increased these to (I think) 130w (backup) and 85w (fog).

For the front, my ambers were disabled, and "parking lights" were added. The latter was done by drilling a small hole in the side of the headlight housing and inserting a small white bulb. On the sides, the amber reflectors were made "active". These now are side turn indicators.

All this work cost approximately $2000, and I even supplied the KC danglers. I have been thinking about trying to locate a set of the South African tail light assemblies, and seeing if the rear could be rewired and BCM modified to allow my rear end to look more like the non-US H3s. This would allow me to have 2 (higher up) backup lights. When I first got my H3 into Germany, I squashed the front of a BMW. I never saw it in my mirrors, and I am not sure if my backup light was not so low that they never saw me coming until I was a top of them.

My H3 was bought in the US and shipped over, so sadly I have no warranty. How do you find Kroymans? Knowledgeable? Expensive? The ones down here are okay. I have been thinking about having GreigerCars near Munich add a turbo, but I am not sure I have that much extra money to waste.

Old 01-08-2008, 02:16 AM

ORIGINAL: 3hummers

Those are some monster tracks you are following.
That's what I WAS THINKIN'!!!!!![:-]

Old 01-08-2008, 02:18 AM

WELCOME to the Forum and CONGRATS!!!

BTW, I LOVE GEIGER Vehicles!!!![sm=drlove.gif]

Old 01-08-2008, 06:27 AM

ORIGINAL: HummBob

ORIGINAL: 3hummers

Those are some monster tracks you are following.
That's what I WAS THINKIN'!!!!!![:-]

These are tracks of a harvester for cutting trees out of the forest. They have huge tires!

Old 01-08-2008, 06:32 AM

ORIGINAL: mountainbiker

First of all, yes it's built in the US. But it has the changes you need for the German administration. These are: Yellow blinkers no red, no yellow lights steady on while driving, a rear fog light and because you have your backup lights there where I have the blinkers now I need a extra backup light added. These are the main changes I guess. I bought it at Kroymans with a 4 year warranty.
I have these same sort of mods.

For the rear, my red blinkers were disabled, my reverse lights are now amber turn indicators, and I have a dangling single reverse light and a dangling red fog light. The danglers are KCs which take the H3 55w and 35w bulbs. I increased these to (I think) 130w (backup) and 85w (fog).

For the front, my ambers were disabled, and "parking lights" were added. The latter was done by drilling a small hole in the side of the headlight housing and inserting a small white bulb. On the sides, the amber reflectors were made "active". These now are side turn indicators.

All this work cost approximately $2000, and I even supplied the KC danglers. I have been thinking about trying to locate a set of the South African tail light assemblies, and seeing if the rear could be rewired and BCM modified to allow my rear end to look more like the non-US H3s. This would allow me to have 2 (higher up) backup lights. When I first got my H3 into Germany, I squashed the front of a BMW. I never saw it in my mirrors, and I am not sure if my backup light was not so low that they never saw me coming until I was a top of them.

My H3 was bought in the US and shipped over, so sadly I have no warranty. How do you find Kroymans? Knowledgeable? Expensive? The ones down here are okay. I have been thinking about having GreigerCars near Munich add a turbo, but I am not sure I have that much extra money to waste.

Kroymans here in Duesseldorf only want to sell "normal" Hummers. If you have any ideas of modifications they like giving you adresses of other companies. They put the parking sensors on our ride and they are very bad working. I bring it in on Monday and we'll see how they fix it. Expensive? I don't know because there are no competitors around here.
You are thinking about a turbo? Aren't you afraid about the gasmileage?

Old 01-08-2008, 01:23 PM

Kroymans here in Duesseldorf only want to sell "normal" Hummers. If you have any ideas of modifications they like giving you adresses of other companies. They put the parking sensors on our ride and they are very bad working. I bring it in on Monday and we'll see how they fix it. Expensive? I don't know because there are no competitors around here.
You are thinking about a turbo? Aren't you afraid about the gasmileage?
Sorry to hear your Kroymans is not so good. LOL- maybe you better buy the Helm service manuals. I think there was a set on eBay.

I went with a HitchCam. If you search for "hybrid" you'll see pictures of it. I did buy a sensor too, but I just haven't got to installing it yet. Turbo ... is more a wish list when I need to burn money. As far as petrol, I have only 4,700 miles, and I bought mine in August 06 ... so I haven't really expended too much in petrol costs, but I definitely still feel the pain when I do put it in.

Old 01-09-2008, 03:44 AM

Hi,
just wanted to say helo. I found the forum a few weeks ago and it's totally informative and makes a lot of fun reading here. And I already got many ideas I would like to add on our ride but we don't have the "time" $$$...
Thanks alot for all the help and knoeledge I found here!!
Cause we alllike pics here's one of our's.

[IMG]local://upfiles/3968/0CE466B2A2ED4D93ABE2192F781417C2.jpg[/IMG]
[sm=welcomesign.gif]nice H3 you got there.....whenever you get in the Frankfurt area slap me a PM maybe we can meet up
your Licence plate got "GM" ......is that Germersheim near Karlsruhe not all that far from Frankfurt

Old 01-09-2008, 03:55 AM

oh.....just looked up "GM" so you in Gummersbach.....good 200 KM to Frankfurt

Quick Reply: Hummer exploring Germany