PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

HUMMER EUROPE MODS

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 02:41 AM
JM
Default RE: HUMMER EUROPE MODS

Yes, you're right. The problem is, if you remove it the police will seize your car[:@]. Bad idea.

The good thing is that I don't have it since mine is an American model registered in France BEFORE the European model was launched.

Old 04-04-2007, 03:32 AM
GH3

The police wont get you because the still not know about the bumper.
And I'm with you that its very ugly

Onstar does not work in Europe, thats right. But the biggest problem will be the marker lamps. Because its not allowed to use them while driving. But I think its not such a big problem because its a special car in Europe and so the police will not know that its not a standard on the H3 like on the H2.

Old 04-04-2007, 04:01 PM

I am moving to England and was told it would cost about $2k to get my truck converted over to english stnadards. One of the things that I found interesting is they said they would have to sand down some bidy panels in order to reduce the sharpness of some corners????? They also have to do a ton of shade tree electrical work to conform with Brit standards.

At any rate I will update you guys when I get htere.

Old 04-04-2007, 05:15 PM

That country I tell ya..They have such weirdo priorities on safety...They'll let just about any scumbag move in and set up a terrorist shop..but don't want Jaguar to put the leaping cat hood ornimate on because it could impale a pedestrian...And now you're tell me they think some of the HUMMER has sharp edges and need to sand them down in case you hit a pedestrian...we don't want to cut anybody with those deadly sharp edges...For crying out loud!!! Does anybody over there that is in charge of public safety realize, that if you get hit by a HUMMER or a Jaguar, that there ain't gonna be enough left of them to suck up with a straw, let alone worry about getting scratched from too sharp of body panel edges...Jeeezz