PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Hummer Envy?!?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 04:17 PM
Default Hummer Envy?!?

I bought a new H3 for the wife (I get to drive it some too). It is loaded--chrome and all. My wife loved this vehicle and we are not into "showing off", but like the finer things. I have had nice cars in the past, but nothing has ever compared to the envious comments we have been getting.

Here are a few example:

1. You must be rich--I think you all have heard this one.
2. You must really like the attention.
3. Do you think you could have spent your money on better things than a Hummer
4. Do you think you are better because you drive a Hummer
5. I was going to get one but I decided to buy a house instead.

These are just a few comments I have gotten in the WEEK I have owned it. Like I said before, my wife and I are unassuming people who donate a lot of money to various charities. We are giving and thoughtful and it irritates me that some people react the way they do.

I would like to hear your stories about the comments you have received on your H3. It is not like I bought an H1 OR H2.

Dawg19

Old 07-26-2006, 04:22 PM
Default RE: Hummer Envy?!?

It is all true i got sick of hearing them

Old 07-26-2006, 04:33 PM

In our family the H3 is mine and we (like you) donate our money and our time in and around the community. We also have folks in our immediate family that we help a lot because they really need it.

It is more than great that you and your wife are also enjoying yourselves with your new truck. i really believe that some of the poeple who made the negative comments aren't half as charitable as you and your wife.

Old 07-26-2006, 04:45 PM

F them all

Old 07-26-2006, 04:45 PM

Honestly..I live in a very redneck, pickup tuck, beer slingling, wife swappin part of the country..I have had nothing but positive looks and comments and flirtations from all kinds of peeps here....

Maybe it's the bazooka I have laying on the dashboard that deters negitive comments, I donno

Old 07-26-2006, 06:01 PM

ORIGINAL: Dawg19

I bought a new H3 for the wife (I get to drive it some too). It is loaded--chrome and all. My wife loved this vehicle and we are not into "showing off", but like the finer things. I have had nice cars in the past, but nothing has ever compared to the envious comments we have been getting.

Here are a few example:

1. You must be rich--I think you all have heard this one.
2. You must really like the attention.
3. Do you think you could have spent your money on better things than a Hummer
4. Do you think you are better because you drive a Hummer
5. I was going to get one but I decided to buy a house instead.

These are just a few comments I have gotten in the WEEK I have owned it. Like I said before, my wife and I are unassuming people who donate a lot of money to various charities. We are giving and thoughtful and it irritates me that some people react the way they do.

I would like to hear your stories about the comments you have received on your H3. It is not like I bought an H1 OR H2.

Dawg19

I got all of them and answer all of them like this

1. I could buy and sell you
2. yes, yes I do...judging buy the way you dress I assume you don't
3. actually no
4. ABSOLUTELY...especially better than that 4-runner you just got out of.....(liitle dig for fallz,and dilo)
5. When you need your house moved to a new lot let me know, my h3 could pull that single wide for ya.

Old 07-26-2006, 06:41 PM

Import, great comment's ( except for the 4Runner one )....LOL

I get comment's with the 4Runner too , like all the $hit you guys give me here. Although I know the negative comments are not true since the 4Runner ROCKS !!

ANYWAY , I don't know why people say that crap , maybe jealous , envy , stupid , dickheeds or what ever. Just like people having a nice shiney vehicle that's really expensive like a Benz or something and people key it......whats the fricken point . Just once I would like to catch those bastards. If I had a H3 instead of a ( POS Toyota ) unless someone want's to ask me an intelligent question about it I really don't want to talk to them,unless they are a neighbor , friend or ??? but just people off the street I would be like get the F away from me.

Old 07-26-2006, 07:04 PM

One of the other things you can say is that your on Social Security Disability , and then tell them thanks for your weekly contribution so I can afford to drive this thing.

Old 07-26-2006, 08:23 PM

Yeah....I get alot of weird comments too. My boss made a comment that it was the most "in your face, obnoxious vehicle"...I said, "I know.....cool, huh?" I will admit that recently I did feel guilty and didn't want to drive it to my husband's family reunion. For a fleeting moment, I felt like I was being "showey"...His response was as someone said above, "f***'m".....I got over real quick.

Old 07-26-2006, 09:10 PM

I'm surprised how many people ask me "So's that thing $60 Grand or something?". I just tell them "It's like nothing else"!

Quick Reply: Hummer Envy?!?