PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

How to pull a semi out of a ditch

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 03:40 PM
Default How to pull a semi out of a ditch

Okay, so a Ford sticky on a H3 site is a bit annoying; however, try this with your Ford Raptor (and watch your hubs go poof)

Name:  Deliveryandpulltruckout006.jpg
Views: 387
Size:  106.4 KB

Name:  Deliveryandpulltruckout007.jpg
Views: 367
Size:  68.2 KB

Old 06-19-2013, 05:21 PM
Default not a hero at my expense

did the semi guy sign to pay for the future h3 driveline repair?!!

ill be glad to give him a lift to town, buy coffee..

hummers aint wreckers

Old 06-19-2013, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by happythree
did the semi guy sign to pay for the future h3 driveline repair?!!

ill be glad to give him a lift to town, buy coffee..

hummers aint wreckers
why do you care what I do with my H3?

and sorry to disappoint.... never had a drivetrain problem with that one

Old 06-19-2013, 11:07 PM

Yes, you never had a problem with that one..........................yet, but I can guarantee that you caused damage. You may not notice the damage yet luckily, but you have done damage to your vehicle. Overtowing damage most of the time does not show up right away. Sometimes it does catastrophically , but a lot of times if done just even once will greatly reduce the lifespan of all of the components involved in the tow.

maximum towing capacity on alphas is 6,000 pounds. Towing more than the rated towing capacity WILL cause damage. Pulling a 20,000 pound plus semi and trailer, around 4 times the towing capacity of the h3 Alpha most certainly did damage. , It may not show up immediately, but damage is and has been done already. The transmission when exceeding the towing capacity is over heating, causing the fluid to overheat which breaks down the trans. fluid which then cannot properly lubricate the parts it needs too, which will lead to premature failure or seizing of the transmission.

Other things damaged by over towing.........Tires, excessive pressure on sidewalls will break down the rubber. Same thing with the engine, overheating, fluid over heats, parts don't get properly lubricated. overheated engine,......engine failure. excessive wear on steering components and suspension. Expensive mistake.

Old 06-20-2013, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by egroegart
Yes, you never had a problem with that one..........................yet, but I can guarantee that you caused damage. You may not notice the damage yet luckily, but you have done damage to your vehicle. Overtowing damage most of the time does not show up right away. Sometimes it does catastrophically , but a lot of times if done just even once will greatly reduce the lifespan of all of the components involved in the tow.

maximum towing capacity on alphas is 6,000 pounds. Towing more than the rated towing capacity WILL cause damage. Pulling a 20,000 pound plus semi and trailer, around 4 times the towing capacity of the h3 Alpha most certainly did damage. , It may not show up immediately, but damage is and has been done already. The transmission when exceeding the towing capacity is over heating, causing the fluid to overheat which breaks down the trans. fluid which then cannot properly lubricate the parts it needs too, which will lead to premature failure or seizing of the transmission.

Other things damaged by over towing.........Tires, excessive pressure on sidewalls will break down the rubber. Same thing with the engine, overheating, fluid over heats, parts don't get properly lubricated. overheated engine,......engine failure. excessive wear on steering components and suspension. Expensive mistake.
I can guarantee I didn't hurt it one bit. But you still haven't explained why this matters to you - of course, I'm sure you wouldn't used your H3 to do Search and Rescue because you might break something....

Old 06-20-2013, 09:03 AM

OK, I'll explain it. It matters to me because someone is posting something that should not be done, something that exceeds the h3's capabilities in a safe manner. Something that Will damage the H3. Something that will shorten the life of alot of components and parts on the H3.

In a life and death situation, my hummer would be used to save a person's life. Pulling a semi out of a ditch is not an example of this. Coming on this site and putting down people for stating facts is pretty lame.

I think it will be tough to find people on here that will support someone towing a 20,000 pound plus vehicle with an h3. Maybe I am wrong though.

Old 06-20-2013, 09:26 AM

We understand it's your HUMMER and just giving you some input on what we think, no one is saying they you ****ing stupid for doing that and not using the H3 for what it's made for. Take it for what it is or don't post you abusing your HUMMER.

Old 06-20-2013, 01:26 PM
Default copendent im not!

no I don't care what you do, I should have made that clear, just saying what I would do/not do/ by by
don't mislead the uninformed, they might think its noble!

Old 06-20-2013, 01:48 PM

I'll pass!....

Old 06-20-2013, 03:04 PM

Looks like, you're getting a lot of poop for your post.

I think thats pretty cool you were able to pull that semi out. If someone would of ask me if that was possible i would of said no. I wouldn't of done it but its not my H3. Cool pics though.