PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

How much did you pay to have your tires installed?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2014, 11:43 PM
Default How much did you pay to have your tires installed?

I have a H1 Hummer 2001 with a 6.5L Diesel engine. Recently I had a front left tire blowout on me and had to replace the tires.

I purchased (4) new Good Year Wranglers M/T 37x12.5xR16 tires. I called all over Edmonton trying to find someone who could install the tires for me.

My last resort was to call the dealer Capital GMC Buick in Edmonton. Initially, they quoted my girl friend 89.95 a tire plus labour. When I called they quoted me maximum 2 hours per tire at a shop rate of $145/hr.

Today I was called and to have just two tires installed I was charged $923.00. Yes that is right $923.00. One tube of lube was $40 and each tire requires two. This equates to $160 just in lube and the remaining amount toward labour to install just two tires. Now I thought it may be a bit more pricey to have these tires installed because of the CTIS (Central Tire Inflation System) but this in my opinion is ridiculous. Now keep in mind this does not include the cost of the tire it is just to install the new tires onto the the rims and they had to remove the old tires.

The service tech went on to try to tell me I had aftermarket "run flats" on my tires but I knew they came stock. I may be wrong and if I am please correct and inform me because I as under the assumption all H1 Hummers in 2001 came like this.

If I could ask others on this forum to share with me what they paid I would appreciate it very much. I feel like I am being raped here, am I wrong or shall I call the better business bureau?

Old 10-06-2014, 08:00 AM
Smile

Originally Posted by TRN_Diesel
I have a H1 Hummer 2001 with a 6.5L Diesel engine. Recently I had a front left tire blowout on me and had to replace the tires.

I purchased (4) new Good Year Wranglers M/T 37x12.5xR16 tires. I called all over Edmonton trying to find someone who could install the tires for me.

My last resort was to call the dealer Capital GMC Buick in Edmonton. Initially, they quoted my girl friend 89.95 a tire plus labour. When I called they quoted me maximum 2 hours per tire at a shop rate of $145/hr.

Today I was called and to have just two tires installed I was charged $923.00. Yes that is right $923.00. One tube of lube was $40 and each tire requires two. This equates to $160 just in lube and the remaining amount toward labour to install just two tires. Now I thought it may be a bit more pricey to have these tires installed because of the CTIS (Central Tire Inflation System) but this in my opinion is ridiculous. Now keep in mind this does not include the cost of the tire it is just to install the new tires onto the the rims and they had to remove the old tires.

The service tech went on to try to tell me I had aftermarket "run flats" on my tires but I knew they came stock. I may be wrong and if I am please correct and inform me because I as under the assumption all H1 Hummers in 2001 came like this.

If I could ask others on this forum to share with me what they paid I would appreciate it very much. I feel like I am being raped here, am I wrong or shall I call the better business bureau?

Yes you are getting it HARD. Much cheaper in US