PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

How much can I lift the H3 without...

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 10:35 AM
Default How much can I lift the H3 without...

The vehicle looking silly? I have been checking for lift kits (by the way, WHY SO FEW) for the H3 and have also been looking at pictures.

I saw one that was lifted 6" and it looked just silly, unfortunately I cannot say what sized tires were on it, they had to be stock or 33's

I have the adventure package with 33's. I would hate to have to buy new 35's just to get a lift kit that looks decent. I am not interested in anything huge, perhaps 3" or 4". Will that look ok with my 33's or will it look stupid? I see a lot of trucks where I live that have stock tires and are lifted a lot, they just look silly.

Also,any recommendations on a lift kit or comments and pictures from people who have lifted theirs. If I have to I guess I could go with 35's, but man that would be expensive, especially since my 2007 has 2700 miles on it.

Thanks for any help/advice.

Rob

Old 09-06-2007, 11:36 AM
Default RE: How much can I lift the H3 without...

Ive been thinking about this one for mine,,, http://www.suspensionconnection.com/...on/140402.html 33's would look Ok on this lift but anything smaller might look like oreo cookies on rims. Most lift kits Ive seen require different rims other than stock rims, so new rims would also be added to the cost. I adjusted my torsion bars up and my 35's run fine on my rig, but Ive been wanting to lift ,,new rims,, and rubber for awhile now. Just half to want to part with about 4 G's[:-]

[IMG]local://upfiles/267/FB872CE50EBC4062B55D2EF9B6185E88.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-06-2007, 12:07 PM

Have you looked into the front leveling lift setup? That will give you a little more aggresive look and still be reasonable in cost and sillyness

Old 09-06-2007, 03:46 PM

why lift? crank the t-bars - throw on 35's and go anywhere

Old 09-08-2007, 11:56 AM

why lift? crank the t-bars - throw on 35's and go anywhere
Well, I must say, I have read a lot of posts about torsion bars, most say it's ok to adjust and then go get alignment, but I have read a few from people who seem to know what they are talking about saying it is a bad idea ( I would have to find the posts for their various reasons). I will have to research more.

As for the 35's. Heck, I have brand new 33's with 2700 miles on them, seems like a waste, selling them after I get the 35's is going to guarantee a loss. But if you all think the 2" front level and some torsion bars and 35s would be better, perhaps a lift would not be necessary.

I just want it to look a bit beefier so when my friend and I go out wheeling I am the better ... he drives a new Jeep 4dr unlimited model and he is saying his is better. We shall see.

Thanks for any more advice.

Rob

Old 09-08-2007, 08:49 PM

If you don't want to crank the T-Bars then get a Readylift orTruxxFront Leveling kit! I got the Readylift Front Leveling Kit and it works great for me!

Old 09-09-2007, 02:59 PM

Why would lifting the H3 with the T-Bars be a bad idea Rob? Some guys on here have had the dealer do it and I don't think they would do that knowing the end result would be a return to the shop with something bigger broken as a result of their neglect. I'm not real sure what dealers are and aren't allowed to do but I do not know of any shop that would knowingly do something that would damage a vehicle. In this age of "I'll sue you" I'm sure the dealer knows the score on T-Bar lifts.

Old 09-09-2007, 03:36 PM

the theory of cranking t-bars bieng a bad idea is absolutly ridiculous....all a t-bar is is a metal bar with a spring rate...that is it!!! The only downside to cranking the t-bar is that it does change your cv joint angle....but any lift made for the h3 also changes the cv-joint angle the same exact way..unless you find a lift where there is a dif lowering bracket, a drop diff brakcet will keep the angles stock but I don't think there is a lift out there with one yet. If you don't want to spend money on 35' then why lift it? Any lift with stock 33's would look dumb, and I really don't understand what gain you would get by a lift with stock tires?

BTW...if your buddies new 4 door jk jeep is a rubicon...he will waste your h3 in almost every off-road situation you will encounter...just not in the same ballpark.

Old 09-09-2007, 05:32 PM

i tell ya what,every truck (chevy silverado)that i buy i put a set of keys in,and every truck rides rougher then it did before,and i only do it to get 2 1/2 inches out of the suspension,and the keys are only 50 bucks,so its a no brainer,and i have been doing these for about 8-10 years.this is my first hummer,and i was planning to do the same thing,buy some keys and put em in,then i see that its almost 300 bucks,so i think to my self,is the ride going to be that bad,but then everyone else on here said wether you torsion bar it or buy the keys,the ride stays the same,so i found out for myself,and it does,as long as you extend the shocks,it was harsher w/out extending the shocks,so i made some extenders,and its awesome,i got 2 inches of lift,and i could have gone more,but that was very satisfing.the chevys only get 1/2 inch out of 2 1/2 to 2 3/4 turns.i know what im doing when it comes to lifting vehicles,iv lifted about 50 in the last 10 years,so in my opinion,you dont need it,but if you have an extra 300 bucks laying around,the buy the kit,but i would save it for some other mods,like a k&n.just my .02

Old 09-09-2007, 08:00 PM

All you have to do to get the stock ride quality back is get longer shocks. Long gone are the days when cranking TBs results in a bad quality ride. Getshocks from here: http://cognitomotorsports.com/store/Hummer_H3.html

Quick Reply: How much can I lift the H3 without...