PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

How to Install an AUX Input for MP3

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 06:59 PM
Default How to Install an AUX Input for MP3

Hi,

I just bought a PIE DPX GM12-AUXV2 to hook up an external source, not an iPod, to my factory Nav XM Stereo. The installation instruction says to connect between the Radio and the Original Harness. However, I do have an accessible harness under the center console. Does anyone know if this can be used to hook up the DPX?

Also, how much work is it to take of the cover in front of the radio? I guess the Hex screws need to come out. Anything else to think of?

Guy
Black 2007 H2 SUV

Old 01-03-2010, 03:27 AM

there will probably be a mount that holds up the back end of the head unit up that slides forward and backwards on a metal rail. Not sure how they're attached and mounted in a Hummer. But in my mustang it required a phillips bit to detach it from the back of the head unit. Although, I found out the hard way that it was even there. Mine was a plastic bracket holding it up and I pulled the whole cd player/head unit piece out and broke it. Now my cd player leans back and sometimes the display goes out.

I just purchased an H3 though(waiting to pick it up on Tuesday), and was wondering this same thing: how to connect my mp3 player, or if I can at all. On my soon to be old car(mustang) I just used an RCA-to-mini-plug cable, and connected straight from the audio inputs(red and white) on the back of the cd player, and the mini-plug into the headphone jack of my mp3 player. I didn't want to use an FM radio adapter cause I figured a lot of sound quality would be lost.

Old 01-15-2010, 05:37 PM

to remove the radio cover the hex screws are first then you have to pull the t handle off of the shifter loosining the allen bolts once that is off remove the cup holder/shifter cover plate just pull up its held in by little clips. now going thru the opening there are two 7mm bolts at the front of the opening that secure the bottom of the radio cover in place. you will also have to disconnect the aux power and ciggarette lighter wire harnesses which is simple then it should come out just did this to paint my council pieces hope it helps