PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

How dumb can people be?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 12:00 AM
Default How dumb can people be?

Today is Memorial Day, so my buddy and I went out to the Salt River area for some offroading. This area is great - NE of Phoenix, there's OHV trails, a good size lake for water skiing, boating and bikinis, and then after the dam for the lake there's a river that's hugely popular for tubing.

So why's everyone dumb? The police talk about heavy DUI enforcement yet I saw at least TEN people getting roadside DUI tests as I left the area, in a ten minute period. Along a six mile stretch of road there were five pairs of motorcycle cops and no less than twenty cop cars. They were nailing people left and right, like shooting fish in a barrel. While I might like to have a cold one at the river, today was water and Gatorade, knowing that Johnny Law was waiting.

At least the TV lawyers will be getting rich in the morning.

Old 05-27-2008, 12:28 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: How dumb can people be?

I see the same thing on a lot of the big holidays. I agree, people never cease to amaze me with their brazen stupidity.

Old 05-27-2008, 01:13 AM

Plus the Police are out in greater force on Holidays, thus adding to the EASE of catching DUMBASSES!!!

Old 05-27-2008, 06:04 AM

Nobody in our groups will ever bring alcohol with me on or trail rides, that's the easiest way to get thrown out of a park and/or event. Every year Muddy and I go out with another NJ Off Road Club to clean up Wharton State Park and within 1 mile we had 7 trash bags filled with empty beer bottles.

Old 05-27-2008, 08:57 AM
Super Moderator

Drinking and driving don't work anywhere and you are right Trey...want to get thrown out of a park really quickly get caught with alcohol in one.

Old 05-27-2008, 10:36 AM

Yeah, I hear ya Alrock... Phillips and Associates will be making a killing this week!

Old 05-27-2008, 11:16 AM

One of my favorite "dumbass" stories is when we were waiting to launch our boat at Foster lake in Sweet Home Oregon. We watched the boaters in front of us load their gear into their boat. There were 3 children helping load and one of them carried a half rack of beer from the truck to the boat. One of the male adults was also loading a half rack, but was also drinking one.

Foster Lake in Sweet Home has a sheriff at the boat ramp. Not only that they have a sign that reads how many drinkers and boaters they catch on the lake to date. Everyone who boats there knows this, and the sign is right there at the launch ramp. You would have had to been blind not to see the sheriff boat, or the sign, but this family launched anyway. The sheriff waited til they got the boat off the trailer, then nailed them. (it's not considered "on the lake" til your boat in on the water)

We spent all day boating that lake and did not see that boat at all.

Old 05-27-2008, 01:32 PM

That's why I just stay home on New Years now, was lucky enough through the years not to get into trouble. But figured out a few years ago that I had alot less worries if I just stayed home and drank. (cheaper too!)

Old 05-27-2008, 01:35 PM

alrock, sounds like there are going to be alot of people wearing PINK underwear out there for a few weekends(It's a Phoenix thing)

Old 05-27-2008, 03:40 PM

ORIGINAL: rhill20

alrock, sounds like there are going to be alot of people wearing PINK underwear out there for a few weekends(It's a Phoenix thing)
That would be correct! Joe Arpaio is the man!

Quick Reply: How dumb can people be?