PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

How can I disable seat belt bell?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 10:01 AM
Default How can I disable seat belt bell?

I don't like belts or bells. Is there a bell disable feature? If not then
I guess I could get ear plugs [8D]

Old 02-05-2008, 10:09 AM
Default RE: How can I disable seat belt bell?

Yeah, how about be safe and just wear the dang thing. Jeezz. You'd probably not even buckle up your kids, then the next thing you know it, you're all dead because of a stupid decision of not wearing the belts...... Just buckle up.

Old 02-05-2008, 10:23 AM

I removed the factory radio and put in a Alpine DVD touch screen. Since doing this my seatbelt bell is at least 3X louder and more annoying. I don't have any kids and would appreciate a fix.

Old 02-05-2008, 10:37 AM

I haven't checked on the Hummer yet, but there used to be a "relay plug" under the dash near the fuses that makes the sound for the seatbelt, door open, keys in the ignition, lights are on, etc... Just pull that out and it should stop.

And yes, my kids get a lecture about wearing thier seatbelt everytime we get in the car.And mine still makes the noise

Old 02-05-2008, 12:06 PM

ORIGINAL: stlH3

Yeah, how about be safe and just wear the dang thing. Jeezz....... Just buckle up.
The gentleman wasn't asking if it was safe or not! He wanted to know if he could shut off that annoying ding and I wouldn't mind knowing either. But since you brought it up in NY it's the law BUT I have a doctors note excusing me, for medical reasons, from wearing my seatbelt so it's not always as it seems. Everyone else wears their seatbelt when in one of my vehicles.

Old 02-05-2008, 12:40 PM

Just wear the belt?

Old 02-05-2008, 12:48 PM

It's called freedom of choice. It may not be a wise choice but it's my choice! Just like wearing a motorcycle helmet! Freedom to choose! God Bless America!

Old 02-05-2008, 01:11 PM

I know this is the exception, but I am actually here today because I was thrown from a vehicle (66 Ford F150)
before it went upside down into a tree and burst into flames. Both the cops and the EMS folks said I would
have been a dead man had I not been ejected.......

I have no little luck with the lottery or Vegas, but I'll take that big luck any day.

Oh yeah, those belts are a pain in the @ss when you have to go through 10 cattle gates on the way
down to the shooting range or when you're loading square bales onto a trailer by yourself.

I keep a male piece of a belt I cut out of a junker in my side cubby just for that reason.

BTW: It is the LAW here in Texas as well. "Click It or Ticket" we say, "Probable Cause" the cops say.

Old 02-05-2008, 01:35 PM

ORIGINAL: Gunner_45
BTW: It is the LAW here in Texas as well. "Click It or Ticket" we say, "Probable Cause" the cops say.
Gunner,
Funny you should mention that. This past December 9, 2007 I rolled my 00' Ford F350 4x4 Ext. Cab Powerstroke Diesel, all 8000 lbs., while pulling my ATV on a landscape trailer.My truck was completely crushed and I was not wearing my seatbelt. If I had been I would have been killed because the roof crushed the seats flat with the dashboard! If I were strapped in surely my neck would have been broken. As it was I ended up laying across the front seat (upside down) and was injured but not seriously and only required surgery on my left shoulder. Only now am I realizing how lucky I was that I wasn't killed. In fact that's why I bought my H3 Alpha, because my truck was totaled.

They say the same thing here in New York, "Click It or Ticket" but never stop anyone for non-compliance unless it's at a roadblock.

Old 02-05-2008, 02:20 PM

I would NEVER advocate NOT wearing your belt, but in this one instance,
for me it worked out well. Glad you came out of your incident relatively
unscathed. All I got was a gash on the top of my head and a banged up
shoulder. As I've gotten older...I've begin wearing my belt more and more.

Guess I didn't want to go from young and dumb to old and stupid....

OR....I could just be cheap. Those damn tickets are expensive ! ! !

Quick Reply: How can I disable seat belt bell?