PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Hot Shot Windshield washer sysem

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 02:55 PM
Default Hot Shot Windshield washer sysem

Just curious if anyone has tried this item, and what they think of it?

http://www.hummersolutions.com/produ...ffcef7a20bda97

Old 03-19-2007, 03:01 PM
Default RE: Hot Shot Windshield washer sysem

So it just heats the fluid

Old 03-20-2007, 12:23 PM

Sounds like a nifty product.Just last night I drove through Rhode Island and Mass in a snow storm. I don't know if its the upright windshield and wiper pattern or what but my wipers were completely iced over - much worse on the driver side. On the up-sweep of thedriver-side wiper, snow get pushed to the far left of the windshield and builds up.On the down-sweepof the driver-side wiper, snow from the driver-side and from the passenger side(passenger-side wiper leaves build-up from each left sweepin the middle of the windshield)down to the bottom of the windshield.Over time (and not much time), the build up to the left and the bottom ices onto the wiper blade.....and its all down hill from there. Never had it this bad in any other vehicle.

I assume this is a hummer issue, hence the birth of this product. I won't buy the product, but I could see how it might solve this problem.

Old 03-20-2007, 01:17 PM

I use winsheild wash with de-icer added to It, and a good pair of winter wiper blades.Inever had an issue with ice build up!!!

Old 03-20-2007, 02:35 PM

I've had cars with factory heated washer systems in the past, they're very helpfull when snow builds up on the hood because the streamsquickly cut through the ice and snow. As far as making a real difference on the wipers and windshield itself, they're just okay.

I checked the link to the aftermarket part and I'm not sure if I like it because it requires a mode control button to be located on the dash. I'd just want one that turns on when the washers are used or the outside temperature drops below 32 degrees.

A good pair of winter blades would probably be a better value in my opinion.