PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Hose leak

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 07:32 PM
Default Hose leak

I have a hose leak on the driver side of the 5 cylinder. There is a metal goose neck on the driver side of the engine that has 2 bolts holding it on. The main radiator line goes into the side of the engine block though this goose neck. Two inches above the goose neck is another line that has a 2 inch nipple coming off the block and goes into a rubber hose and then goes into a metal line. Where this inch rubber line connects onto the nipple I have a constant leak of anti freeze coming from the hose/nipple connection. It has a factory squeeze clamp on it, that I cant get to it to remove. I tried to add a ratchet clamp to the out side of this hose , but it only slowed the leak down. The nipple could have a hair line crack in it, but I can just barely get my hands on it. I am taking it back to the dealer as it is still under wARRANTY. i WAS LOOKING FOR THE NAME OF THAT HOSE OR NIPPLE TO TELL HIM, OR LOOKING FOR THE DRIVER SIDE ENGINE DIAGRAM TO point out the leak to him. Sending down the wife to take the vehicle down as I have to work, so looking for a way to show service manager where leak is. Any help appreciated.

Old 05-25-2010, 05:01 PM

I think I got it fixed. Went to Auto Zone and bought a set of extended hose clamp pliers. With these it it was possible to get into the tight space and sqeeze the factory clamp and move it back, so the ratchet clamp could be mounted next to the engine block. It looks like it sealed it. So far so good. It would have been next to impossible without the extended clamp pliers. I didnt even know that tool existed, but it is a lifesavor in a tight situation.