PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Honest question

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 08:03 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Honest question

I've been invited to a couple of "club" runs and haven't been able to make it to one yet. Like you I think the "tude" might get to me. Not sure because when not on club runs they all seem like decent guys.

Old 03-20-2008, 07:08 PM
Super Moderator

the H1 snobs....[:'(]

Old 03-21-2008, 08:27 AM

as are 90% of the h1 owners I ever met. Honestly...if it weren't for the h1 guys I don't think the huge Jeep vs. Hummer battler would be so heated. H1 guys are generally diks on the trail. No offence 3hum

Old 03-21-2008, 09:13 AM
Super Moderator

Them H1 guys aregood, but could be way better with a couple ice bags. H1s are made of way too much steel that collects heat and rustsresulting inpaint flecks get sucked up into the atmosphere leading to ozone reduction..............they should be using plastic, gdamn dumb *******. Weed whip motors could be used at each half shaft to boost power also. Which I have developed myself into separate systems, my second best one by the way?

Now let me tell you what you all should be doing, converting to plastic , which I used to build the space station. Did I mention I tested the space station solar reflectors, they need friggin plastic too. [:'(]

Old 03-21-2008, 09:36 AM

i've actually been pretty lucky with the majority of the H1 owners i've met. a few have been diks, but overall the guys in our group are cool. like everything else, they tend to think their rides are the best - and they all freakin' hate it when i need to help in the recovery. but they get over it and we all move on. what i find are the worst owners are those that go from an H2 to an H1 (not picking on you Deuce Bigelow) - they tend to rag down on the H2's after that. i just ignore them and their comments, that tends to **** them off even more than defending the bus.

Old 03-21-2008, 09:43 AM

sorry doc...but CHP is the most knowledgable engine guy I know....what he says does have merit...you may not agree with it, but there is another side to the coin. The metal/plastic intake material thing has been topic for debate for years...AEM (I think) even makes one for the new Jeep out of aluminum because it doesn't conduct any heat. I don't care how short the pipe is or how fast the air is traveling...it doesn't take much if any time to change the molecular structure of air....and some swear it makes a difference...debate if it you want but you may have just run off one of the boards most knowledable posters because he questioned your product.

Old 03-21-2008, 09:47 AM

I agree that most H1 guys are diks....I've got 9 vids on youtube and I've gotten allot comments from jeep guys, I could live with that, but what burns me is when I getcomments from H1 guysknocking the hell out of theh2 and h3's thatwere not real Hummers, it's like WTF!!

Old 03-21-2008, 10:36 AM

Doc I give you 2 thumbs up, you took a product that's out on the market from different companies and made it way better, for sure your going to always get some one who's going to knock your product, thats part of the game.

Now for CAI I know chit about that stuff, but when it comes to plastics well...thats a different story, I've been in the plastics business for over 17 years now, the chevy dude is completely right about the heat transfer on plastic, one of the biggest parts of my company is, wesell and install plastic piping distribution systems for pharmaceutical, hospitals and laboratories.

We have pure water circulating 24/7 at a velocity of 5 feet per second, in a 24 hour periodwith no consumptionthe temperature gets up to 22 degreeand on a typical stainless steel distribution loop it gets up to35 degree's, all this is based on velocitywith out considering room temperature, you will gain an extra 5 degree's on stainless if it's running through a boiler room for example, won't happen with plastic, so his theory is right about plastic and steel, but how much will it affect a CAI setup, I don't think very much, there is not enough pipe on a CAI to even consider heat transfer.

Hope this helps.

Old 03-21-2008, 10:47 AM

but....he didn't knock his product...he was debating the product...which doc said in his original post that he welcomes. He never said this product is not worth the money or this product sucks....he was debating the product and got ripped for it...Then got called an idiot or other names in another thread in the h3 section. I like Doc but CHP is also a friend and I'm sorry but putting this in the first post of the thread
feel free to debate this newest H3 offering
then calling a guy names and ripping him apart for doing just that is not how a moderator or business owner should act...IMO.

Old 03-21-2008, 11:04 AM

I'm not saying CHP is knocking his product, I'm just talking in general, people do that chit, I've built allot chit in my time and put up with many people telling me how it could be done better,
constructive criticism can be good to a certain point!! you have to know when to stop!!

Quick Reply: Honest question